• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CMMG Banshee (Delayed Blowback)

Jack Ryan

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
137   0
Reaction score
I'm just about to pull the trigger and get one of those uppers. All the reviews I've seen have had good things to say. Anyone have one or shot it?
Screenshot_20200706-234514_Chrome.jpg

I have a complete Banshee glock mag model. I have not tried the weight kit but with the factory bolt carrier you still get some blow back shooting with a can. Nothing like a dirrect blow back. It is much less. However the youtubers will make it seem like there is none. Maybe I will buy the carrier weights one day and see if it dampens it down more. I think all the youtubers got guns with weighted carriers.
20200522_175454.jpg

I appreciate the help. I've been purging a lot of my non-nfa items to help offset buying this currently I got a eform 1 pending I wanted to use for this upper

$805?!! Dang! Why not just buy the $300 barrel and BCG, an aero xl upper (not necessary, but it is what the banshee has), your rail of choice, and save a lot of money?

I built mine with a 4.5” Midwest industries rail that’s a lot nicer than the banshee rail, other than that, the upper is identical. Overall, I love this gun. I don’t shoot my CZ scorpion anymore as I much more prefer this. I use an armaspec stealth recoil spring. It functions without skipping a beat, ever, and no gas in my face whatsoever shooting suppressed.

Only negative that I am aware of is the ejector spring is known to wear out prematurely.

upload_2020-7-23_22-34-41.jpeg

Cause I got a pregnant wife, parents in their late 60s that act like their 40, 13 rental houses, and a house I'm prepping for a baby buying a complete upper just seemed easier. I didn't know you could just get the barrel and BCG.

$805?!! Dang! Why not just buy the $300 barrel and BCG, an aero xl upper (not necessary, but it is what the banshee has), your rail of choice, and save a lot of money?

I built mine with a 4.5” Midwest industries rail that’s a lot nicer than the banshee rail, other than that, the upper is identical. Overall, I love this gun. I don’t shoot my CZ scorpion anymore as I much more prefer this. I use an armaspec stealth recoil spring. It functions without skipping a beat, ever, and no gas in my face whatsoever shooting suppressed.

Only negative that I am aware of is the ejector spring is known to wear out prematurely.

View attachment 2731425
Glad to hear you've had good luck with your setup. I got a silencerCo Hybrid with a Q plan B that's currently bored sitting in my safe

I hear you on time, I have two boys, 2 & 3, and a third child on the way as well. Congrats on the baby!

Just doing the upper is a good route, the Cmmg/endo mags work great and are a lot easier/quicker to load than Glock mags by far. I was going to get the Glock mag lower later on down the road, but after a few range trips I found I prefer the extra width for gripping the mag well better anyways. so I ended up using the money toward more endomags.

I have a complete Banshee glock mag model. I have not tried the weight kit but with the factory bolt carrier you still get some blow back shooting with a can. Nothing like a dirrect blow back. It is much less. However the youtubers will make it seem like there is none. Maybe I will buy the carrier weights one day and see if it dampens it down more. I think all the youtubers got guns with weighted carriers. View attachment 2731356

Are you using a carbine buffer? I think that’s good for unsuppressed 115 grain, but you definitely need to add buffer weight to tune the blowback on these for heavier grain bullets and suppressed. I’m running an H2 buffer on the same setup as you, obsidian 45 and 4.5” barrel, and it works great.

Back
Top Bottom