• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Closed - 3D Printed Giveaway - Solar Water Purification Still Gadget

Freshly Minted Georgian!

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
303   0
Reaction score
Little bit different this week, this is more a camping/survival item. It's a 3D printed junction that forms the heart of a solar water purification still. To use on the bottom side you screw in soda bottles. Standard size 20oz bottles work fine, larger 2L bottles will produce more output. On the top side you screw in a 4th bottle, again the larger the better the output. The bottom three bottles form a tripod so this is pretty stable if there is a bit of breeze. Also on the bottom bottles the darker the better. Green plastic is better than clear but ideally slap a coat of flat black paint on them. The more radiant heat they absorb the better. You can also improve output by using some simple reflectors to aim sunlight at this contraption. Even squares of cardboard with shiny foil to act as a sort of mirror pointed at the bottom bottles improves efficiency. Evaporation of vapor routes through the body up into the top bottle where it condenses then drips down through the outlet tube on the bottom. You can just sit a cup to catch the output or use another bottle and put a plastic tube from the spout down into it for a sealed system.

You put the questionable water in the bottom bottles, clean water comes out, the more sun the better. These are complex parts that take a long time to print so I don't have quite as many pieces as I've had for the last couple of giveaways....I think there are four done though and probably another 1-2 by the time this closes. Drawing will be Saturday night.

Rules: (same as always) Open to everyone with the following restrictions.

One entry per ODT member
- Two entries per ODT Supporter
- Three entries if you are an ODT supporter with 100% positive feedback
- Four entries if you are an ODT supporter, 100% positive feedback with 75+ feedback score

Whatever the highest category you fall into is what determines your count eligibility.

In the last round a couple people did send donations to help cover postage for the next round, thanks folks!
IMG_0129.jpg
IMG_0130.jpg

Number drawing will be Saturday. Packing/addressing on Sunday, mailing next Monday.

Without further adieu, pictures!

All, not bothering generating numbers since four people entered and I have five printed. Everyone that entered gets one! I'm at the hospital with my sick daughter right now but will PM everybody directly probably tomorrow morning.

OK, apologies to the winners, normally I request mailing addresses on Sunday and prep everything for send out on Monday. I was in the hospital all weekend with a sick daughter so I'm behind schedule. Some addresses I already have from prior winners. PM's incoming though!

Back
Top Bottom