• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Close Personal Protective Measures, July 24, Marietta GA

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
194   0
Reaction score
This course is being offered by Precision Applications, LLC. It will be taught indoors at TruPrep in Marietta GA. The class will start at 1000hrs and run until 1900hrs, with a 1 hour break for lunch.

TruPrep
1000 Cobb Pkwy N
Marietta, GA 30062

Topics covered will include, but are not limited to:
Firearms retention
Firearms "take backs"
Offensive knife
Open-handed knife defense

The class will center around the handgun-carrying individual. On the knife work, the main gist will be how to defend against the sudden attack and access your firearm. This class is an excellent follow-on or precursor to my Extreme Close Quarters Shooting Class, as well as being a must for anyone who carries a handgun on a regular basis.

Your required gear will include your duty/carry handgun, along with the rig that you use for regular carry. If you are carrying with a CCW, or a LEO carrying UC or plainclothes, then a covering garment is required as well.

If you have a training barrel for your handgun, please bring it. If not, a Barrel Blok will be provided for you. Inert training pistols are also acceptable. Contact me if you have any questions.

Dress comfortably; we'll be in a mat room, getting a bit sweaty, and the course will be physical.

I will be assisting in the class; the Primary Instructor will be Jeff Edwards. Jeff has been in Law Enforcement for 20 years. He retired from St. Tammany Parish Sheriffs Office in Louisiana in 2002 and has been employed with Department of Homeland Security since then. Jeff was on the Sheriff’s SWAT Team where he served as Team Leader for the last two years. He was a Sergeant on Criminal Patrol before transferring to the Sheriffs Office Training Division. Jeff holds numerous Instructor certifications including Louisiana POST Certified Firearms Instructor, Defensive Tactics Instructor, and Emergency Vehicle Driving Instructor, while maintaining his role as SWAT Team Leader. Currently he is employed by the US Government where he is certified as a Federal Firearms Instructor, Defensive Measures Instructor, and a Tactics Instructor. Jeff has had extensive handgun, shotgun, and tactical rifle training from several courses throughout the country. He has trained or trained with personnel from specialized military units such as US Army Rangers, Delta, and US Navy SEALs. While in the Atlanta area Jeff has trained numerous Local, State, and Federal Agencies with an emphasis on combat related issues. Jeff is certified as a Personal Trainer with the International Fitness Association and a Law Enforcement Fitness Coordinator through the Cooper Institute. His physical fitness training consists of weightlifting, cross-fit exercising, and martial arts (Muay Thai).

The class will be limited to 12 students at a fee of $250 per student. I accept cash, checks, MO's, PayPal, Venmo, and CashApp. Course fees are due in advance to reserve your slot.

If you would like Georgia POST credit, or a certificate, please let me know in advance.

Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Semper Fi!

Back
Top Bottom