• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cleaning question, stainless, using aluminum polish

Twiztid

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
53   0
Reaction score
May be dumb, may be brilliant.

I saw a video where a guy uses Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish to remove the carbon from a stainless steel revolver.

Would that harm the finish or any parts of my revolver? Cleaning is one of the areas I really need to learn more on and I'd love to clean all the build up that oil wont take off.

Are there any other steps I should take after using it to make sure the finish stays nice and shiny or just refrain from using it all together?

ce25918f39af9ac82b4764542b2f9172.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I would love to have a gun, but I hate cleaning. Cleaning is a torment activity, and I have no time even to clean my house.
When it comes to tile cleaning, I contact a company that provides cleaning services, and they help me.
They also provide grout cleaning and carpet repairing services.
In case you are like me and have no time and desire for cleaning up, you may check the site of the company I collaborate with and their phone number.
If you are interested, their site is niftytilecleaning.com.au, and their contact number is 497 849 492.
Stay safe, and have a wonderful day!

Lol thanks for that info!

Op, mother's is fine, miracle polishing cloths work great. I can't stand a dirty cylinder and either will remove all fouling and make it purdy.
It's a good idea to always lube contact/pivot points after any cleaning method.

Back
Top Bottom