• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cleaning Aluminum Suppressor Baffles

jeshoffstall

Bear Icon Supporter
Frontiersman
69   0
Reaction score
I know many folks have an ARC 22 - great can for the money. Other than lots of elbow great, any tricks for cleaning the ARC 22? I see lots of what NOT to do on line, just wondered if I am missing something?

I know many folks have an ARC 22 - great can for the money. Other than lots of elbow great, any tricks for cleaning the ARC 22? I see lots of what NOT to do on line, just wondered if I am missing something?
Curse of aluminum. You could stainless tumble but it will peen the tube/baffles. Otherwise its soak in aluminum friendly solvent and scrub. I imagine a dremel with a copper or nylon brush could be used.

Yall got any links to the what not to do?
I'm really ignorant in this field.
Also how hard is it to form 1 a can?

I have done everything imaginable to them. My go to is steel pin tumbling though. I know, everyone says dont do it to aluminum but those old ARCs have thick baffles and they'll do a lot more than I said they would years ago.
I wouldn't use the dip method because they're aluminum but tumble them to your heart's content. There's enough material on them that it wont hurt them. I wouldn't recommend this in an official manner but I also dont say you can shoot 5.7 in the aluminum ones (Dont do that but I have hundreds of times).
Yeah, go ahead and tumble them with steel pins. I do it all the time.

my warlock has aluminum and i just wait till it gets a thick coat on it and use a flat head to pry/chip it off. Get what i can get and run it.

my warlock has aluminum and i just wait till it gets a thick coat on it and use a flat head to pry/chip it off. Get what i can get and run it.
I've read where vinegar in a very hot water solution (50/50) and a long soak time cleans a lot of things. I've done that for some really baked on grease on some implements. I've been half-tempted to try that on my AAC Element II can the next time I have to clean the baffles..

Back
Top Bottom