• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Classifieds Requests

How much more $$$ do you want?
.com.google.Chrome.gif

How about an AR and AK (and other similar pistols) section to remove all those brace needing type pistols from the more traditional guns we know as handguns (glocks, 1911s,etc.).

Our software is starting to age and I'm having to start looking at upgrading sometime in the future. We are currently on Xenforo 1.0 and will be upgrading to Xenforo 2.0, so it should be relatively painless when compared to past updates when we changed software completely.

Right now I'm at the stage where I have to start creating an outline for our new classifieds system as it will have to be rebuilt for the new version. I'd like to hear what people would change in regards to how the classifieds function, or any new features you'd like to see added into a future version.

Thanks!
I would like to see some type of banner that states someones item is sold,where you don't have to call them or dig into their threads.Other sites have some sort of banner over their add.Tks and good job.

Whether someone looks or not is not the point. It is still being reshuffled through the mix just to show something that is of no use to anyone who is looking. Do it any way you want but to me, it is so much easier to click a button that says "mark as gone" than clicking the box to edit the title, then clicking the box to edit the ad, then responding to your own ad with SPM. It's easier and makes more sense to me. I generally like to take someone at their word so if they tell me we have a deal, as far as I am concerned the item is sold so I mark it as gone. No longer available. On the rare case that someone backs out on me it is so simple to go to the list of items "marked as gone" and click on "reopen listing" and it goes right back into the mix where it was before. Not trying to be argumentative here, just saying that the system was set up that way because it works very well but it doesn't work if people refuse to use it.
Bill is right but most on here are to lazy to do what you want.

A way to filter by caliber, so if I am only looking for 9mm handguns I can choose 9mm. As well as an RSS feed or a way to subscribe to a thread based on a filter.

Separate section for reloading stuff and optics. Those seem to be the two that get mixed up a lot.

take a look at a few other popular forums and see how they segment the classified ads: snipers hide and ar15 maybe?

Back
Top Bottom