• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Classifieds Requests

Well...that's how I do it and will continue to do so...seems to work well in the FEW deals I've been involved with.
I also edit the title to include SPM or TPM so why would you look ?????
Whether someone looks or not is not the point. It is still being reshuffled through the mix just to show something that is of no use to anyone who is looking. Do it any way you want but to me, it is so much easier to click a button that says "mark as gone" than clicking the box to edit the title, then clicking the box to edit the ad, then responding to your own ad with SPM. It's easier and makes more sense to me. I generally like to take someone at their word so if they tell me we have a deal, as far as I am concerned the item is sold so I mark it as gone. No longer available. On the rare case that someone backs out on me it is so simple to go to the list of items "marked as gone" and click on "reopen listing" and it goes right back into the mix where it was before. Not trying to be argumentative here, just saying that the system was set up that way because it works very well but it doesn't work if people refuse to use it.

A separate category for “multiple guns” sales that don’t fit in just rifles, pistols or shotgun categories...Something for package deals, estate sales, or just a safe clean out.

Y’all want to get microscopic on the make/model/caliber who do you think is going to sort through every single ad to put it in the right category? It would be up to each seller to do it correctly, and a large chunk of our members can’t even spell “fur cell“ correctly or know that Cherokee County is not middle GA.

For what it's worth, I have been pressing "like" on the suggestions I agree with ...

As for change, the hardest thing for me to do in classified is track ad's yet its the most common thing I do. Let's say I want to purchase a Glock 19. I know I will find many ad's so I look at one, then I look at the next, then I look at the next, etc. I would like to easily mark them like "favorites" or "wish" list and EASILY get back to it. Think of how things work on VRBO for example. Yes I know I can press multiple buttons and subscribe, then I can wade through a few more screens to find the button that shows me the list I have subscribed to but even then I get a single list of anything I have subscribed to.

Again, duplicate the function found in VRBO (Favorites) Ebay (watch lists) Amazon (Wish list), etc.

There is a feature that allows you to bookmark with tags or you could subscribe to the threads.

Back
Top Bottom