• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Classifieds Requests

If you would make a rule that people should use the "Mark AS Gone" button which closes out the thread instead of typing in SPM or TPM or what ever silly acronym they make up it would stop a lot of old ads from floating around for years. Honestly I have never understood the SPM thing. Mark it as gone. If it falls through then click the "reopen listing" and put that the deal fell through. Not complicated. I see listings all the time where someone comes on and asks "is this still available" and the reply is no, it is sold weeks ago and yet, they still don't mark as gone.

I'd like to see the following categories/sub-categories:

Long Guns divided as follows: Shot Guns, Bolt Guns, Lever Actions, Semi - Auto (possibly with a sub category there for AR pattern rifles)

Hand Guns divided as follows: Revolvers and Semi Auto
And Muzzle Loaders/black powder section would be nice

Clarify location to town or city instead of metro or northeast
Or require a town or city along with metro , in the header .
Example =northeast , Gainesville

SPM or TPM means the deals hasn't been completed yet...just a meeting time/place has been agreed to.
I'll close the ad AFTER a deal is completed.
Yes but by typing in SPM you are just bumping the ad up for everyone to see again. Running it through the feed one more time for no good reason. Why do I want to see the ad again if it has a deal pending. It is just as simple to mark it as gone and if the deal falls through then you go to your listings, scroll down to the list that says "marked as gone" and click on reopen listing. Then if the deal goes through as planned it needs no more attention. No need to come back and remember to mark it as gone. Not sure why everyone is so keen for their ad to run through the system again for everyone to see that it has a deal pending. If you mark it as gone, you also don't have to deal with a bunch of people asking if it is still available which I also see a lot of. You mark it sold pending meet and the next guy asks is it still available. Just saying, the system was set up that way for a reason and it would work much better for everyone if people did it the way it was intended. Just my opinion though. The guy is asking for suggestions. I am making one that makes perfectly good sense to me.

* Sortable by caliber
*Require one of the sub category filters: ammo, mag, optic, accessory, etc...
*. ban !!!!!!!!DEAL OF THE DAY***!!'?*+" In listing titles

Back
Top Bottom