• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Classifieds Requests

I disagree. You don't need a dollar value on trade. It's called a trade, not sale. I have something you want, and you have something I want... Both parties will come together to trade. Putting a price on trade only items only encourages people to nickel and dime. "Ohh you value your Glock at $350? Well, my Taurus is $400, I know what I have, so I need $50 on top!"
I don't trust nobody that's not willing to value what they're trying to sell/flip. When i go to Ingles , the milk is $2.99..... says it right there under the jug. It's up to you , the op or buyer/trader to google Bud's and find what it's worth

For what it's worth, I have been pressing "like" on the suggestions I agree with ...

As for change, the hardest thing for me to do in classified is track ad's yet its the most common thing I do. Let's say I want to purchase a Glock 19. I know I will find many ad's so I look at one, then I look at the next, then I look at the next, etc. I would like to easily mark them like "favorites" or "wish" list and EASILY get back to it. Think of how things work on VRBO for example. Yes I know I can press multiple buttons and subscribe, then I can wade through a few more screens to find the button that shows me the list I have subscribed to but even then I get a single list of anything I have subscribed to.

Again, duplicate the function found in VRBO (Favorites) Ebay (watch lists) Amazon (Wish list), etc.

I don't trust nobody that's not willing to value what they're trying to sell/flip. When i go to Ingles , the milk is $2.99..... says it right there under the jug. It's up to you , the op or buyer/trader to google Bud's and find what it's worth
I don't want to get into this back and forth, as this thread is for classified suggestions. You're missing the point or maybe I'm reading you wromg. You are already giving value when you list a trade item as value.

If I list a Zastava M85 AK and I am looking to trade it for a CZ Scorpion, then that's it. There is no price required. Why? If somone wants to trade for my AK so be it. I don't need to put a dollar value.

Now, to be clear, if you list an item, and you say... OPEN TO OFFERS, and there is nothing there...no price, no value range, or it says something to the extent of "What do you have?" Or "looking to trade for offers in my favor" that damn ad needs to be flagged and deleted. Maybe that's what you mean?

Oh...and an auto delete for any classified ad that has had no activity in years. I’ve seen some that are 3-1/2 years old with 0 comments
I agree... an auto-delete function for old ads, similar to Craigslist ads that go away after 45 days or whatever the timeframe is.

I don't want to get into this back and forth, as this thread is for classified suggestions. You're missing the point or maybe I'm reading you wromg. You are already giving value when you list a trade item as value.

If I list a Zastava M85 AK and I am looking to trade it for a CZ Scorpion, then that's it. There is no price required. Why? If somone wants to trade for my AK so be it. I don't need to put a dollar value.

Not, to be clear, if you list an item, and ypu say... OPEN TO OFFERS, and there is nothimg there, or it says something to the extent of "What do you have?" Or "looking to trade for offers in my favor" that damn ad needs to be flagged and deleted. Maybe that's what you mean?
Maybe we got crossed up? That's cool if you are "Trade Only For" (we know even then if something better comes along you'll trade for it, but yea whatever) But ALL other sell or trades should have a trade value. This ain't a dating site but I'm swiping left if there's no value....not giving another second to those ads. I think most of us feel the same way ? I know we did last time it was polled .

Maybe we got crossed up? That's cool if you are "Trade Only For" (we know even then if something better comes along you'll trade for it, but yea whatever) But ALL other sell or trades should have a trade value. This ain't a dating site but I'm swiping left if there's no value....not giving another second to those ads. I think most of us feel the same way ? I know we did last time it was polled .
Hell, the flea markets even have open prices/values

Back
Top Bottom