• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Classifieds Question - Bill Of Sale Required ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ft127161

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
0   0
Reaction score
I wanted to post a couple of guns I had for sale but I notice the question ....... Bill Of Sale Required ?
What is this used for ? I mean I'm going to provide a bill of sale to persons buying from me so both they and I have a receipt of the transaction. Why would I bother to state that on the add ?

this is my thought.if i dont require a bill o sale. then if they ever try and do a confiscation,i can pass a lie detector on not having the info of the person i sold it to. I,E. go pound sand g-man..
you never know,the guy or gal i did not rat out,may be the one who busts me out..

... I'm going to provide a bill of sale to persons buying from me so both they and I have a receipt of the transaction. Why would I bother to state that on the add ?

You HAVE TO state that in the ad
so that potential buyers don't get a unwelcome surprise
when they meet you to do the deal and they weren't expecting to give some stranger their name or any other information about them,
but YOU want that info to go in your bill of sale or receipt.

Choose to use a B.O.S. or not, but the advert form at ODT is designed to make sure you announce your intentions at the beginning.

If I wanted a transaction that requires a billosale I would go to the local gun store and fill out a 4473 and get a receipt.
To each his own, ask geezer geezer about his feelings :becky::pound:
Dammit...just like my old lady....you never forget.....
Yep, I’ve walked away from many a good deal over that BOS ****. Mostly my fault for getting all excited and overlooking it in the ad....
SOME person won’t let me live it down! Lol....
I got so upset that I forgot I had another deal in that same spot in 15 minutes....

Dammit...just like my old lady....you never forget.....
Yep, I’ve walked away from many a good deal over that BOS ****. Mostly my fault for getting all excited and overlooking it in the ad....
SOME person won’t let me live it down! Lol....
I got so upset that I forgot I had another deal in that same spot in 15 minutes....

No I’ll never forget as it’s my favorite & most exciting meeting to date!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom