• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Civil War Reenactment

That's not the definition of Civil War, any war that is fought where both sides are from the same country is a civil war.
You’re arguing with the wrong person.
That's not the definition of Civil War, any war that is fought where both sides are from the same country is a civil war.
Not really. There are multiple definitions. I explained the one which you found confusing. Here’s a more detailed explanation.
“The definition of civil war clearly encompasses many different forms of conflict. Some analysts distinguish between civil wars in which insurgents seek territorial secession or autonomy and conflicts in which insurgents aim for control of the central government.

Bold emphasis added by me.

You’re arguing with the wrong person.

Not really. There are multiple definitions. I explained the one which you found confusing. Here’s a more detailed explanation.
“The definition of civil war clearly encompasses many different forms of conflict. Some analysts distinguish between civil wars in which insurgents seek territorial secession or autonomy and conflicts in which insurgents aim for control of the central government.

Bold emphasis added by me.

Who's arguing? Even your example still means by definition it was a "civil war"
Something doesn't have fit every definition of a word, just one of them.

So we spent a few hours up there today. I got some pretty good photos. Once I get done cleaning them up I'll post the better ones. In the meantime, here's a few.
IMG_4307.JPG
IMG_4304.JPG

Went to one as a kid and it was a cool show. One guy even let me load and fire his Sharp's rifle.

Didn't someone actually get hit with a real musket ball at one a few years ago?

Back
Top Bottom