• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

City of South Fulton Outdoor Range

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you get someone interested in running a decent USPSA match there once a month you could get as much as 100 people paying 20 each to shoot.
You could maybe get one of the other orgs like IDPA to hold a match and also get nearly that many people. Public matches could make the difference between make or break on the financials. It also generates membership.
If you invest in action pistol and carbine ranges you would need at least 8 to hold larger outdoor matches. Not sure if you can do that on 10 acres with a 250m range. Maybe you could design both and shut down and shoot over the shorter bays when you want to shoot long range.
Good luck. If you build something nice and gear it toward action shooters people will come and you can help grow the sport. There are more regulars than I would have imagined in GA. A few of the top shooters in the world live around Atlanta.

Any range that required me to be an NRA member would be a range that I would not enjoy.

While not always the most desirable quality, the NRA offers insurance for ranges that require 100% NRA membership. Sometimes it's the only way a place could afford insurance.

While not always the most desirable quality, the NRA offers insurance for ranges that require 100% NRA membership. Sometimes it's the only way a place could afford insurance.
I would gladly pay more for a membership to assist with insurance if that meant the range wasn't in the pocket of the NRA. I understand that the NRA offers a lot of benefits to it associates and affiliates (previously a member) but politically they have tarnished their reputation. Hopefully businesses/ranges can find a way to avoid that requirement as much as possible.

I would gladly pay more for a membership to assist with insurance if that meant the range wasn't in the pocket of the NRA. I understand that the NRA offers a lot of benefits to it associates and affiliates (previously a member) but politically they have tarnished their reputation. Hopefully businesses/ranges can find a way to avoid that requirement as much as possible.

Most definitely will not be affiliated with the NRA. I'll leave it at that.

NRA has a lot of problems, but they still do a lot of very good things, and helping ranges with things like insurance is one of them.

If you don't like the way the NRA is being run, join them for the whopping $25 a year they charge and change it.

This is incorrect in my experience running a gun club. I dropped NRA (Lockton) sponsored insurance because it cost my members 300% more than comparable (actually better) coverage from a local underwriter. NRA insurance products are a rip-off. Shop your local insurance companies and compare them to the NRA sponsored products.

We have also dropped NRA membership as a requirement to join the club.

Yes I'm in. This would be about a very short drive from Douglasville for me.

What is your time frame for being up and running?

The excavators came out last week to do a site survey. Just waiting on a timeline and full cost from them. We’re searching for a reliable company to give us an estimate on building bathrooms and a range house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom