• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

City of South Fulton Outdoor Range

Status
Not open for further replies.
An outdoor range down in that area would be fantastic. I would definitely be interested in renting the range(s) for courses that I teach, and I’m always looking for good outdoor ranges to send my students to for practice.

In addition to some of the questions asked already, I’m curious about how many and what type of ranges you are looking to build.

I’ve helped design and build a lot of ranges over the years, from my time in the Corps, up through 1,000yd ranges and shoothouses. If you need any help at all, don’t hesitate to holler at me.

My biggest interest is the range distances that you will be offering.

Being so close to the metro area what is your maximum distance rifle range available?

Would you offer steel targets or electronic scoring like CMP?

Max range would be approx 250m, until we purchase and clear more land.

Targets would be steel. However, if the revenue permits then I'd gladly add electronic scoring.

Love the idea! The most important thing to me is to have it setup to be very safe. Classes for beginners would be a great way to draw interest to the range and to guns/self defense in general. I get so tired of hearing people say they are scared of guns because they kill people and the same people text and drive. Education is priceless. Having a setup where folks could learn and practice to target and shoot while moving, something you cant do on a normal range.

Would it be to much to ask where this is being placed? I live in unincorporated south Fulton county.

It'll be right by the intersection of South Fulton parkway and Palmetto Hwy. And I agree, so much misinformation that could be solved by educating people.

If you have the space both range and parking look at what is involved in at getting a GSSF outdoor match. They draw a lot of entries and there used to be 5 within 2 hours now there is 1 within 2 hours and 3 within 3 hours.

Would hold your own 2 gun match. Make the rules harsh but fair

Our team P3Tactical shoots GSSF so that is definitely an option.

1. Great idea
2. Yes
3. A fair fee would depend on your offering. The nicer the facility/better services the more I would be willing to pay. I pay $80 a month to belong to my sailing club in Flowery Branch, and they have a clubhouse, regular events, racing, beach, camping, and boat storage (extra fee) camps for kids (extra fee). We go there almost every weekend in the summer, so its a great value.
4. Not sure on the courses...wouldn't mind checking them out.
5. Product demo's - cool, I would come check them out.
6. Not an instructor.

Other ideas, comments. - Would you consider a "kids" day? Maybe only allow 22 shooting, maybe a suppressed only time? I havent gotten my 8 year old into shooting yet, but want to.

Shooting stuff other than paper, more reactive targets would be more interesting for me. Longer range, automated ranges like CMP would be great too.

Instruction on long range shooting would be a bonus, instruction demo's on reloading - bonus. Instruction/classes on gunsmithing - bonus. Female focused classes/ self defense instruction - bonus.

Great ideas there! Definitely will talk about a kids day and we'd have steel targets, but CMP would be the ultimate goal.

Will your range be available for outside instructors, such as cmshoot cmshoot and me, to hold classes (with a range fee of course)?

Absolutely! We understand and suffered the same pains of not having a range that allows movement or advanced training, let alone outside Instructors. So we'd love to have as many Instructors use it as possible. The only requirement would be Instructors submitting a course curriculum and their qualifications. I know several Instructors that are excellent but aren't NRA fans, so I don't expect everyone to have gone through the NRA Instructor course. I just want to ensure they are capable of teaching said course, safely, and not have a situation where someone is scamming others. We'd have one of our own Instructors sit in on the class as an RSO and should the Instructor need our assistance with anything, we're available.

An outdoor range down in that area would be fantastic. I would definitely be interested in renting the range(s) for courses that I teach, and I’m always looking for good outdoor ranges to send my students to for practice.

In addition to some of the questions asked already, I’m curious about how many and what type of ranges you are looking to build.

I’ve helped design and build a lot of ranges over the years, from my time in the Corps, up through 1,000yd ranges and shoothouses. If you need any help at all, don’t hesitate to holler at me.

HELL YEAH! Oorah, Devil. We welcome the assistance. Let me know if you're available Saturdays, that's when we usually shoot.

The area is 10 acres for now and we plan to buy more. The setup will be 2 pistol ranges (approx 40m x 30m) and 1 large range (approx 85m x 250m). All ranges will have 3 berms for multi-angle engagement. Ideally, we'd like to get enough land to have a vehicle course and shoot house.

HELL YEAH! Oorah, Devil. We welcome the assistance. Let me know if you're available Saturdays, that's when we usually shoot.

The area is 10 acres for now and we plan to buy more. The setup will be 2 pistol ranges (approx 40m x 30m) and 1 large range (approx 85m x 250m). All ranges will have 3 berms for multi-angle engagement. Ideally, we'd like to get enough land to have a vehicle course and shoot house.

Sounds fantastic. I get a free Saturday coming up, I’ll give you a holler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom