• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

City of Atlanta will make all landlords accept federal housing vouchers

Stampede

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Just my rifle, my pony and me.
53   0
Reaction score
I hope the City if Atlanta gets taken to court and loses on this one. It is just big government overreach to me. This will cause a lot of people to move out of their expensive apartments, if the neighbors are going to be using HUD section 8 vouchers to pay their rent.

On Monday, the Atlanta City Council approved a new measure they claim will prohibit discrimination against applicants who use federal housing vouchers.

The ordinance was approved by a vote of 13-2, will ban landlords from rejecting vouchers as payment for affordable housing units, a measure introduced by Councilmen Antonio Brown and Amir R. Farokhi. The two opposing votes were from Councilmen Howard Shook and J.P. Matzigkeit, who both represent Buckhead area districts. Advocates for the measure say landlord discrimination against vouchers is widespread and has exacerbated the affordable housing crisis.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local-govt...cept-housing-vouchers/RBUDQT37yHk3WjzuuameOM/

ew !.gif

What better way to improve schools, reduce crime in neighborhoods, beautify an area and attract businesses than to put a bunch of filthy, worthless Section 8 garbage into a community. How about put tents in the landfill and sewage treatment plants and put them all there with the rest of the waste.

The landlords will find a way to turn down the un-desirables. Atlanta isn't the first city and will not beg the last. Another reason I don't have any rentals in Atlanta our Fulton County.

Back
Top Bottom