• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Citizen Eco Drive Retro Style Military Type Watch

SOCOM

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
20   0
Reaction score
I just got this last week and love it. Sold my Luminox to get it. This is a big watch made from a solid block of Titanium. I really liked the dial, kinda reminds me of a retro gauge from a military vehicle of the NAM era. I ordered a OD 4 buckle Maratac ZULU band for it which is awesome. It's an Eco Drive so it never needs a battery. The model is at0660-05f, unfortunately this model has been discontinued from Citizen but there were a few on fleabay the last time I checked.

I've owned many of these Eco Drive Citezens and they are very durable. I'd recommend one to anyone looking for a watch that'll last without breaking the bank.

What I like about this watch:

• Retro Military Style
  • Rugged yet light weight Titanium Case and Back
  • Locking Screw Down Crown
  • Chronograph feature
  • Large easy to read numbers
  • Large Design
  • Luminous Hands and Markers
  • Eco Drive Solar Technology (never needs a battery)
  • 5 year warranty

i999.photobucket.com_albums_af119_Defensive_Armament_2010_0722Camera0001.jpg

Last edited:
I had bad luck with the eco drive watches they would not work, The store where I got it said it had a bad cell.
They gave me a new one and it quit working 2 days later.
I got it for wife for X-mass.
Now she has hera a new Seiko.
But on anouther note Thats a great looken watch.

That is bad luck. I've owned at lest 10 or more and have bought several for my wife and I've never had a single issue with them. On occasion if one was put in the drawer or somewhere with no light exposure it'd shut down, but it'd start up as soon as it was exposed to light again.

BTW, thanks. I love mil type stuff and I'm addicted to O.D. green...: )

Yea Me to .
I usto grab anything Green my supply Sgt was tossing or han an extra , He would give me all the ammo cans I could haul off , old nets that neaded repaired Ect..
Now I have a lot of Crap who neads 300 rnds of belt m60 blanks well at the time I thought I did...lol

Last edited:
About 5 years ago, maybe more, I bought a used Citizen Eco drive watch off of ebay. When it arrived it was just a link or two too small for comfort. I called Citizen to see if I could buy a link or two and they happily sent me 3 for free. That watch has worked perfectly and looked great for all this time. I never p-lan to part with it and if I buy another watch it WILL be a Citizen.

Yours looks great...hmmm...maybe I need a new watch ;)

Man, I like that watch. I've been intrigued by the eco drive watches since they came out years ago. Since you've owned several, how would you rate the durability?

I'm pretty tough on my outdoors watches, I think it's the constant jarring and occasional crashes from riding mtn bikes, dirt bikes & atv's that kills them. I've got a luminox that has kept time for 5 years now although the date function stopped working 3 years ago, before this one the longest I ever had a watch last me was 3 years for a G shock.

Back
Top Bottom