• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Christensen Arms Mesa - experiences, comments & reviews

wdsk

Default rank <400 posts Supporter
Survivalist
37   0
Reaction score
I’d appreciate hearing any personal experiences with a Christensen Arms Mesa rifle. Good, bad, loved it, or disliked it ..... what’s your opinion? I did do a topic search here and find nothing on the Mesa rifle. General comments about other Christensen hunting rifles & your experiences are welcome. Thanks.

Have one in 6.5 Creedmore. Superbly accurate. I did follow CA’s barrel break-in procedure to the letter and it shoots better than I can. Sub 1/2 moa rifle

Which stock/barrel color combo did you get, the green/bronze or black/gunmetal gray? I spoke with a retailer in South GA this morning about a .308 Mesa. Do you mind telling me where you purchased your Christensen? I haven’t held one yet, but would like to do so before committing, & I’m willing to look & shop well outside metro ATL. Thanks.

Couldn't bring myself to support a company with the track record of CA's. Not to mention, hit or miss accuracy and a a CS department that makes Xfinity look good.

Thanks for your input. Not doubting or disparaging your experiences or opinions at all; however, if you could elaborate on “track record” then I’m sure that would be helpful to folks including me. I haven’t owned one or shot one before so that leaves me neutrally opinionated here, and thus any good info & feedback from others is appreciated.

Thanks for your input. Not doubting or disparaging your experiences or opinions at all; however, if you could elaborate on “track record” then I’m sure that would be helpful to folks including me. I haven’t owned one or shot one before so that leaves me neutrally opinionated here, and thus any good info & feedback from others is appreciated.
They got busted for taking out the factory remington barrel, turning it down and wrapping it in carbon fiber, and then calling them top grade, match carbon barrels.

Their rifles aren't cheap. I'd look at into spending a bit more, get a good action that accepts prefits, and get a Proof CF barrel in there. And then a stock or chassis of your preference. You will have a better rifle, and explicitly what you are wanting from the barrel profile down to the trigger and stock/chassis. Just my .02.

First off I did not buy the Mesa I purchased the Ridgeline in 26 Nosler. Researched the history of the accuracy with a mixed bag of reviews, some said supremely accurate others said it was POS with little help from Customer Service. So liking the way the rifle felt, I rolled the dice and came up snake bit. Gun shoots anywhere from 2 to 3 inch groups off the bench at 100yds. Have had some medical issues so haven't had time to take it up with CA yet but will keep everyone informed.

Back
Top Bottom