• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Chocolate Kahlua Cake

The bread machine thread reminded me of my days (though short they were) of working in a bakery. Below is the recipe for one of the best selling cakes we made there, a Chocolate Kahlua Cake. Every time I made these, they sold out at $20 a piece and every time I make one for the family, it disappears.

In a mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients:
  • 8 oz sour cream
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1/3 cup Kahlua (or the cheap coffee liqueur stuff will work as well)
  • 1 tsp coffee (brewed)
  • 4 eggs

In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients,
  • 1 box Devil Food Cake mix
  • 2 oz instant pudding (choc)
  • 1 cup semi sweet chips

Once the wet ingredients are throughly mixed, mix in the dry ingredients.

Pour into greased bundt pan and bake at 300º for 60-65 min

While it cools, melt white chocolate and drizzle over cooled cake. If using the microwave to melt chocolate, be careful not to scorch it.
Sounds amazing !! Thanks for the info.

I just made this. Actually, I like chocolate pound cake my mom use to make better but mom ain't around no more. This is very good. It was easy to make. Mom was a southern bell, complete with the accent, hospitality, and a very good cook. The coconut cake made from scratch and all day to make is something I don't guess I will ever have again. It is a lost art. Everything nowadays is microwaved, out of a box, fast food. Mom always had a cake or a pie under glass ready to offer any visitors that stopped by. I made this with her bunt pan. It is old and a heavy duty one. Turned out mighty fine!!!!!!!!!!

Not gonna lie, that drizzle is kinda tough to do!

20161113_163146.jpg

Back
Top Bottom