• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cherokee USPSA

Hey guys,
I wanted to let everyone know Cherokee Gun club has a new Match Director(Me). I'm a Master class shooter in 2 divisions in USPSA and IDPA. Hopefully I can bring in a fresh point of view that will create a great match. If you have never tried USPSA or competitive shooting, you are always welcome at Cherokee. Feel free to reach out if you ever have any questions. I am excited for the opportunity to take this match over and hopefully make it one of the better USPSA matches in the state.

The match will be the 2nd Saturday of the month. Rain or shine. 6 stages. $20 bucks. Come help set up on friday afternoons and you can shoot the match for free.
As someone who has occasionally had a peek at stuff like this, over the years. Maybe it would be a good idea to either post a video, or make a post about. what to expect when participating in an event like this.

I have known guys who would do well in competitive shooting events, but the nuts and bolts of where to go, what is going to happen, what to bring, how much it will cost, and what to expect, is a giant gray fuzzy.

You almost have to already be an enthusiast, to get in on it.

It’s called Google or YouTube if you want to see some matches. Or better yet go watch a match and determine if it’s for you or not.
As someone who has occasionally had a peek at stuff like this, over the years. Maybe it would be a good idea to either post a video, or make a post about. what to expect when participating in an event like this.

I have known guys who would do well in competitive shooting events, but the nuts and bolts of where to go, what is going to happen, what to bring, how much it will cost, and what to expect, is a giant gray fuzzy.

It’s called Google or YouTube if you want to see some matches. Or better yet go watch a match and determine if it’s for you or not.
Wow! You mean I can watch idiots running around shooting guns on youtube? Wow!!!! That doesn't mean I know how to play

You missed the most important part of my post. I was trying to suggest information to provide an actual path to entry

suggest information to provide an actual path to entry

Actual path to entry is to sign up and just go for it.

If you are going to spend the time/gas to get out there, why just watch, might as well shoot the match.

There will be a safety brief before match start and an in-depth brief on the Do's and Don'ts for those shooting their first match.

Bring what gear you have and the MD will be able to tell you what division you should be able to compete in. Also, there are a lot of folks that will lend you gear if you fall short.

There are a plethora of videos on YouTube that lay out what USPSA is. What the different divisions are and what you need for your first match.

Back
Top Bottom