• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CheaperThanDirt still gouging

Once more for the 100th time Cheaper than dirt along with numerous other online retailers use an algorithm program in the website that adjust price based on demand to minimize them being sold out of a sku. Think about it if they had left pricing the same they would be completely sold out already with no new revenue coming in. They don’t know how much and how long it will be before the get replenished so in order to ensure they can keep customers happy with the fact they actually have the product and keep employees working the algorithm is necessary.

Supply and demand will have a impact on prices is pretty basic economics but damn it seems hard for the gun community to figure out.
For sure, artificially slow the supply by metering out the quantities people are allowed by introducing limits. Here there is a limit of 1 box per person. It is an inelastic commodity as well, but there are people that want it, and like you said they need to try and keep people happy by supplying. I made this thread mostly due to them always doing this stuff more and quicker than others, and the situation being as crazy as it is. It's tp all over again.

As I said, it is about politics, nothing more. Abortions were "essential", as was alcohol?

Give me a break.
I have no idea what sort of tangent you have gone off on now. Do you consider firearms essential to your way of life or do you not? I most certainly do. Without ammo they are pretty much useless. Therefore ammo is essential as are the firearms that use them. I am not sure how you could disagree with that statement.

I have no idea what sort of tangent you have gone off on now. Do you consider firearms essential to your way of life or do you not? I do. Without ammo they are pretty much useless. Therefore ammo is essential as is the firearms that use them. I am not sure how you could disagree with that statement.

Firearms are not essential to life in these United States.

Firearms are not essential to life in these United States.
Maybe not to your way of life. They are essential to mine as well as to my belief in the reasons for the 2nd amendment in the first place. If you disagree then we are just going to have to agree to disagree.

Maybe not to your way of life. They are essential to mine as well as to my belief in the reasons for the 2nd amendment in the first place. If you disagree then we are just going to have to agree to disagree.

They are toys for big boys, nothing more.

So when Jefferson said that the tree of liberty must be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants do you think he was talking about a game?

WTF are you talking about? You go from equating overpriced ammo to water and foodstuff. Learn what the word "essential" means.

I haven't went anywhere. Right where I have always been on this issue. I am not equating anything to water and foodstuff. If that is all you need to live then I pity you. I fully understand the word essential and as stated, guns and ammo are essential to my way of life. I could live without them but it is not a life I would want. That would be some form of life forced on me and that is not how I intend to live.

I haven't went anywhere. Right where I started on this issue. I fully understand the word essential and as stated, guns and ammo are essential to my way of life. I could live without them but it is not a life I would want. That would be some form of life forced on me and that is not how I intend to live.

Suit yourself

Back
Top Bottom