• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cheap pickup of the day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is cornbread...

E626D9C9-7DC2-4DB6-A81B-304C075D5859.jpeg

Corn meal, water, and corn oil.
...oven baked In a 6’’ cast iron skillet then crisped under the broiler.

It really is hard to find that stuff now days. Hell, that’s all I knew growing up and I sure miss it.
The closest thing (not that close) to good whole hog sausage I've found at grocery stores is the Laura Lynn sausage at Ingles. Nobody else comes close. I use it to make sausage balls all the time. But the Farmer's Market sausage gets fried up and put in a buttermilk biscuit covered with gravy . I usually buy 10 pounds if I'm over that way. It's worth the $4 a pound. Burger's Market off 41 in Cartersville going toward Adairsville.

This is cornbread...

View attachment 2803807

Corn meal, water, and corn oil.
...oven baked In a 6’’ cast iron skillet then crisped under the broiler.
That's rotten thing to do lol.... it's to late for me to be baking cornbread. Any other time there'd be some leftover in the fridge. Looks good though

The closest thing (not that close) to good whole hog sausage I've found at grocery stores is the Laura Lynn sausage at Ingles. Nobody else comes close. I use it to make sausage balls all the time. But the Farmer's Market sausage gets fried up and put in a buttermilk biscuit covered with gravy . I usually buy 10 pounds if I'm over that way. It's worth the $4 a pound. Burger's Market off 41 in Cartersville going toward Adairsville.
Ingles is usually where I find cracklins if I don’t get em outta Blairsville. And talking bout sausage gravy buttermilk biscuits... man I’m getting hungry.
Like lokidogg lokidogg said, the old grocery stores use to have a butcher shop in them and that’s where all the good stuff come from. When I was growing up in Mableton there was a store just up the road (Burton’s Store) wher we got all our meats and groceries. He had some of the best hand cut bologna...I’m gonna have to quit I done put on 10 lbs just posting

Ingles is usually where I find cracklins if I don’t get em outta Blairsville. And talking bout sausage gravy buttermilk biscuits... man I’m getting hungry.
Like lokidogg lokidogg said, the old grocery stores use to have a butcher shop in them and that’s where all the good stuff come from. When I was growing up in Mableton there was a store just up the road (Burton’s Store) wher we got all our meats and groceries. He had some of the best hand cut bologna...I’m gonna have to quit I done put on 10 lbs just posting
I was spoiled living Germany. Bakery, butcher shop and cheese and wine all on the same block.

We lived in Hickory Flat for a few years when I was in maybe 3rd-6th grade and Cagle's Dairy was right up the road (talking about cornbread and milk) . MAN..... I've never had milk like that to this day. They had a couple big fridges in the office full of milk produced that day. Around 1983-85. Lotta good memories of when that place had one light and a restaurant my Mom worked at. Road dirt bikes and three wheelers all over that town.... and a Shovelhead a couple times when Pops wasn't home haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom