• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cheap MRE's.....????????

I have a buddy who had quite a few cases of the military type cases 1-12 and 13-24 with an inspection date of 2016.....I suspect made in 2013.. These were stored in a cool climate and have good orange indicators however once taken from storage the orange has darkened in only a week...I They're good however we opened a case the other day. He's been selling them for 80 bucks a case and people have thought it was fair when you usually deal with 25 bucks or so a case shipping...…….. Why was he selling?.. Simply, it's hard to get children to eat them...…………….. You can buy a lot of chef boy ar dee for 80 bucks.... Rumor has it, mres will still have the nutritional value long after they turn to slime...

I have a buddy who had quite a few cases of the military type cases 1-12 and 13-24 with an inspection date of 2016.....I suspect made in 2013.. These were stored in a cool climate and have good orange indicators however once taken from storage the orange has darkened in only a week...I They're good however we opened a case the other day. He's been selling them for 80 bucks a case and people have thought it was fair when you usually deal with 25 bucks or so a case shipping...…….. Why was he selling?.. Simply, it's hard to get children to eat them...…………….. You can buy a lot of chef boy ar dee for 80 bucks.... Rumor has it, mres will still have the nutritional value long after they turn to slime...
Chef boy ar Dee was about empty on the shelves yesterday.

I've known 2 guys who ate the old old old dark brown bag MREs from the early 90s in 2015. Never got sick. They last forever

I remember being at "Sand Hill" in the early 90's, picking a paper plate out of the can which had a third of the next guys chow stuck to the bottom of it. Sitting there while the dirt and scuzz fell from your head and face into your food. Smelling sweat and ass and trying to get everything into your stomach before the flies puked in it.... So, ya..... some of us think mre's are pretty delicious... corned beef hash out of the corner of one of those brown bags was a pretty good day...

I remember being at "Sand Hill" in the early 90's, picking a paper plate out of the can which had a third of the next guys chow stuck to the bottom of it. Sitting there while the dirt and scuzz fell from your head and face into your food. Smelling sweat and ass and trying to get everything into your stomach before the flies puked in it.... So, ya..... some of us think mre's are pretty delicious... corned beef hash out of the corner of one of those brown bags was a pretty good day...

Where do I know "Sand Hill" from?

Back
Top Bottom