• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cheap MRE's.....????????

It's a 7 pack guys, a MRE case is 12, FYI....

7 for $25 is $3.57 per MRE on this deal is not bad, most are $4 to $10 each.... I would say it is a good go bag or quick camping meal. Not the best for longer term storage ( Self life is roughly 7 years) Some say 5, some say 10 plus.... Kept in a cool, dry, dark, steady temp place you will get years, upon years of storage. I have had some 10 plus years old and recent had some 7 years past EXPO date. But I knew how they where stored...

It's a 7 pack guys, a MRE case is 12, FYI....

7 for $25 is $3.57 per MRE on this deal is not bad, most are $4 to $10 each.... I would say it is a good go bag or quick camping meal. Not the best for longer term storage ( Self life is roughly 7 years) Some say 5, some say 10 plus.... Kept in a cool, dry, dark, steady temp place you will get years, upon years of storage. I have had some 10 plus years old and recent had some 7 years past EXPO date. But I knew how they where stored...
This site said 1-3 year shelf life. I wonder if they are already like 3 years old or something. I'm going to pass, especially in light of some of the bad reviews I read on the website itself.

How long are MRE's good for?

The ones I have said up to 5 yrs. Depends on the room temperature where they are stored - lower the temp the longer they are good for. If it's warmer it went down to 1 year. That being said, I have eaten some of mine and they are fine after nearly 10 years! :shocked::shocked::shocked: But they have always been kept in a cooler place and I heat them first.

This is their new meals:
upload_2020-3-4_13-50-48.png

In addition to the aforementioned entrees, each of the 7 kits also comes with the following side items: frosted brown sugar toaster pastry, (2) 1 oz grape jelly packets, Tootsie Roll, crackers, individual flameless ration heater, plastic spoon, paper napkins and seasonings.

I have about 10 boxes of Military MRE's, opened one up recently to show my family what's inside, and how to prepare the main meal. My MRE's said expired 2 yrs ago. They were fresh with no problem. I do have the 25 year food buckes, and The 25 year boxes of survival food from the Mormon food banks.

I've ordered these from them in the past without incident. I actually think at least two orders. I'm not sure about the dates only remembering I was satisfied they were good. Your mileage may vary however.

Back
Top Bottom