• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Chasis v Stock (Hunting Application)

image.jpg

9.6 pounds unloaded.

Just installed a MDT LSS XL on a Ruger American in 6.5 Grendel. Also swapped the trigger for a Timney. I wanted the AR type ergonomics in a bolt action. I have an AR in Grendel already and have been successful hunting wise with it. I went with a LWRC ultra compact stock kit and BCM pistol grip for the chassis. I wanted to try and get it as short as possible without having to add a folder. It is short but still not shorter than my AR version both have 16" barrels. I did sight it in today however I did not shoot groups with it due to the current state of ammunition availability. I did find it easier to hit what I wanted compared to my new Tikka roughteck in 6.5 Creed 24" and my Barrett Fieldcraft in .308. 18". All guns were shot suppressed. I say if you are wanting that pistol grip / AR grip in a bolt gun go for it. I'm looking at an MDT for my Tikka now to try and shorten it up for transport. It is far too long with the suppressor in its current configuration.

I think I saw a NutnFancy video on the cross recently. Yes I enjoy listening to him ramble a bit, but I thought it looked like the Q rifle. I obviously don't follow the industry very closely so Q copied Sig?

SIG started the development of the Cross before Q. Kevin B stole the SIG engineers that were working on the project, and used them to jumpstart Q’s The Fix. Double whammy; gave Q a huge jump, while simultaneously stalling SIG’s program.

Back
Top Bottom