• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Charter Fishing Trips

if your looking for a near shore 4 day trip
Joka's Wild out of Biloxi is worth a look
they go around the Chandeleur Islands in Louisiana waters (higher creel limits)
you stay on board and they take 5 bass boats for you to fish in each day (no guide just GPS coordinates)
this is a fish catching adventure

my son went with his working partners
here is a morning catch

fetch

I also had the same adventure with Bousiours Charters out of LaFiette LA.
when i went for a visit to the French Quarter
we caught so many fish before noon my wife said "I can't reel no more"

I would recommend that wherever you go, do an inshore or near shore trip. Offshore can get you into fish that aren't available otherwise, but an offshore trip is much more dependent on the sea conditions as to whether or not it's a fun trip. Also, unless you are specifically targeting big fish (which make it a lower likelihood of hooking up at all) the fish you will be catching are typically no bigger than what can more easily be caught in or near shore. Offshore also means you're going to spend a lot more of your trip just getting to and from the fish. Your also likely to be using a lot heavier gear for bottom fishing than is actually needed to fight the fish, due to the amount of weight needed to get your bait to the bottom.

There is all kinds of great fishing closer to land and you can match the rod and reel to the fish a lot better. That way you're not just cranking in a lot of sinker weight with a fish along for the ride and you're actually fighting the fish. Much more fun!

Bull Reds, King Mackerel and Cobia are just a few fish that are terrifically fun to catch in or near shore. Then, of course, there is the King! Tarpon! Hook into a 100lb Tarpon on spinning gear and you're in for the fight of your life. Hook into a 150lb Tarpon and you have an "Oh NO!" fish. As in, Oh NO!, I'll be fighting this fish for the rest of the trip. Most of us think that's a good thing. LOL!

Most guides think that a Tarpon of around 75 to 80lbs is perfect. It will give you a hell of a fight, but can be landed in a reasonable amount of time. Then you can go catch another one. :becky:

One other thought. If you just want to go catch a crap ton of fish and don't care what kind they are, look into a shark fishing trip. There are near shore trips where it's possible to catch 500 to 1000lbs of sharks in a day... if you have the endurance.

April is gonna be earlyish for most blue water fish up the eastern coast. Now out of FL you may be able to get in some Mahi or Tuna. We went last April about 80 miles offshore out of Savannah. Caught a few Mahi, no tuna, a King mackerel or two, mostly dogfish (sharks) and stopped for a little bottom fishing on the way back and murdered some Black Sea Bass. May want to wait until warmer water comes, or go farther south.

April is gonna be earlyish for most blue water fish up the eastern coast. Now out of FL you may be able to get in some Mahi or Tuna. We went last April about 80 miles offshore out of Savannah. Caught a few Mahi, no tuna, a King mackerel or two, mostly dogfish (sharks) and stopped for a little bottom fishing on the way back and murdered some Black Sea Bass. May want to wait until warmer water comes, or go farther south.
This is true of a lot of the near shore fish, too. The Tarpon bite is great in the Panhandle, but it doesn't start until about mid July.

Robert keene charters out of key west or mexico beach

Attachments

• IMG_2618.png
    IMG_2618.png
    245.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 20180602_175131.jpg
    20180602_175131.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 11
  • imagejpeg_3.jpg
    imagejpeg_3.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20180601_100723.jpg