• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Charging handle won't "fit"

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Sith Dark Lord
247   0
Reaction score
Ok, so this is a new one for me. Digging in a box of misc stuff, looking for a bi pod, I found a Geissele Super charging handle. Decided to replace the oem charging handle in a CMMG Resolute that I had sitting in the safe (thanks to nicaburns nicaburns ) I am a charging handle snob now and can't live w/ those tiny oem handles.

But, moving on: the Geissele wouldn't drop in no matter how many times and ways I tried. Having thought I'd finally lost my mine, I tried a BCM. Dropped in the first try. Guess which one rides in the rifle now?

Anyone ever had this happen? Is there something that I don't know (entirely probable) or is the handle out of spec?

ETA: didn't find a bi pod, btw. Anyone want to trade? :boink:

Don't know if AR10 handle is different or not...

Yes, AR10 charging handle, like most other parts, is substantially beefier. Having said that, I am a man that likes to assist others in need (you probably know where this is going...) Instead of you throwing it in your "junk bin", I will gladly meet you between Newnan and Carrollton just to relieve you of the need to dispose of it. Please let me know!! I will even offer you up to $10 for diesel fuel to make it worth your troubles!

Yes, AR10 charging handle, like most other parts, is substantially beefier. Having said that, I am a man that likes to assist others in need (you probably know where this is going...) Instead of you throwing it in your "junk bin", I will gladly meet you between Newnan and Carrollton just to relieve you of the need to dispose of it. Please let me know!! I will even offer you up to $10 for diesel fuel to make it worth your troubles!

I appreciate the offer, but it takes $11.27 just to turn that beast over. Mileage drops as the RPMs climb. :boink:

I actually had an overly tight BCM handle on an Aero m4e1 upper recently. Seems like even BCM can make em out of tolerance... (because the finish is gonna get worn anyway I just hit it with some emory cloth on the corners)

I may do the same thing, but no real need. Since you made me see the light, I have stocked up on CHs. I have at least 5 that I have no immediate need. I know I have 2 BCMs still in the package and several loose in the junk box. :doh:

Back
Top Bottom