• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Change of address for NFA

I have just typed a letter listing all my registered SBS, SBR and cans (individual and trust) and mailed it in when I have moved in state. I recently sold my house and we are in a tiny rental while we finalize build plans. I kept all my NFA items with me and had to store everything else at a relatives house due to no room. The letter I sent just said everything would now be located at my current address. A few weeks later I get a letter back saying basically thanks for letting us know.

I didn't notify ATF of any change of address for 30 years.
They didn't care that my newer Form 1's and Form 4's showed a different address than my older registrations.

Finally, I got a Round Tuit, and then sent them short letters (no form) to update their files for each of the toys in my NFA toy box.

I informed them on my first move and also sent a letter changing configuration on a SBR. Got a thank you letter back. Second move did not bother with it. Just have 2 form 4's and one form 1 received at my new address and all of my others still have my previous address with no notification. they were not held up. 6 months on the form 4s and a little over a month on the form 1.

Back
Top Bottom