• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Change of address for NFA

I wouldn’t tell them a damn thing.

We need to take a page from the lefts playbook on nullification of the fed (i.e. drug laws, immigration, you name it) and tell them to go pound sand.

I will never again register an SBR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You should send in the 5320.20 forms for a permanent move. If you don't, your next NFA purchase with a different address may get held or denied due to different address. Especially with a trust. Just my 2 cents.

I just moved to another GA address and didn't submit the forms until 6 months after the move and they were approved with no issues. The only time you need prior approval for temp or permanent moves is across state lines. I like to keep my paper work up to date so there are no issues when I buy new NFA items.

I have atleast one nfa item for every place I've lived all under different addresses. There is no law stating you must tell them you have moved with in state. I have never had anything delayed due to this. Would they like you to update it? Sure but you do not have to if in state move.

I have atleast one nfa item for every place I've lived all under different addresses. There is no law stating you must tell them you have moved with in state. I have never had anything delayed due to this. Would they like you to update it? Sure but you do not have to if in state move.

Same. I’ve got suppressors at two different addresses. Never a peep. Keeps em guessing when the confiscation starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need to tell them, however I sent in a 5320.20 (marked permanent) when I moved for several reasons.
1. I sold one of the items and the form 4 submitted would not match the record, so it would be rejected. (this happened to me , the examiner called me and asked me to submit a permanent move 5320.20, then she would process the form 4)
2. I travelled out of state with an SBR, so I had to submit a 5320.20 for temporary move for the period of time. If the permanent record of the NFA item is different that the mailing address of the submitted form 5320.20, it may get rejected. No 5320.20's needed for out of state travel with a can, unless it violates state laws of the state you are travelling to.

So in a nut shell, My non-legal opinion is that unless you intend to sell or take out of state, no need....

No need to tell them, however I sent in a 5320.20 (marked permanent) when I moved for several reasons.
1. I sold one of the items and the form 4 submitted would not match the record, so it would be rejected. (this happened to me , the examiner called me and asked me to submit a permanent move 5320.20, then she would process the form 4)
2. I travelled out of state with an SBR, so I had to submit a 5320.20 for temporary move for the period of time. If the permanent record of the NFA item is different that the mailing address of the submitted form 5320.20, it may get rejected. No 5320.20's needed for out of state travel with a can, unless it violates state laws of the state you are travelling to.

So in a nut shell, My non-legal opinion is that unless you intend to sell or take out of state, no need....

so should be good so long as I don’t move the said item out of state or sell any/ all. Cool. All of mine are on individual not trust. Not sure if that changes things.

I have “theoretically owned NFA items and theoretically moved within the same state” and never filed as I read the law only interstate moves require any notice.

Back
Top Bottom