• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CDL A pre trip inspection, and road test.

My brother has had a CDL class B for years , and recently he wanted to get a part-time job driving school buses so he went to get his "school bus endorsement" . DDS told him he had to do the complete pre-trip inspection of the school bus.

Well, he failed. Then tested again two weeks later & he failed again!

They are really tough on going through a pre-trip inspection these days!!

My brother has had a CDL class B for years , and recently he wanted to get a part-time job driving school buses so he went to get his "school bus endorsement" . DDS told him he had to do the complete pre-trip inspection of the school bus.

Well, he failed. Then tested again two weeks later & he failed again!

They are really tough on going through a pre-trip inspection these days!!
Imo that is the hardest one

Class A with all endorsements since 1993. Trained dozens of new employees how to acquire CDL’s for state agency. My advice is put your finger on every possible component on the truck, know it’s name and how it can fail. You can say too little but you can’t say too much. Important areas: safety equipment inside cab, air brake system, suspension wheels and tires. Practice backing and docking, parallel parking left and right. When you get on Highway pay attention to road signs and bridge heights. Good luck.

CDL since '97 with A/P....had a guy fail today because he thought that the in cab inspection and air brake test were 2 separate components of the test. When they ask if you are finished with the in cab, and haven't done the brake test, the answer is "no". Make a flow chart for the walk around, moving in an order that makes sense to you. Just make sure you hit every component. Basically, if it moves, flashes, or is held on by bolts, you better be saying something about it.

This is funny, but very true. Go to Chattahoochee tech and take the class or Katlaw has one in Austell. Karla was the guy that gave me my test back in 96 and not long later opened a school.
Back then it was a good career but now, its for single folks with no kids.
Ken Ford Ken Ford might know a lot something.

Back
Top Bottom