• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CD Rate

F Wells Fargo. After my parents passed I was executor of the estate. I had a life insurance check drawn on Wells Fargo. When I went to deposit it in the bank where I set up the estate account they told me they would be holding it for at least 10 days. Well I had already wrote some checks assuming the check would clear. I went to Wells Fargo in Brunswick to cash it and they would not. I had several forms of ID and all of my estate paperwork. They refused because I didn't have an account with them. I was pissed. I thought they were going to call the cops. I made a scene. Fortunately I was able to go back to my bank and talk the manager into releasing the funds like a normal check. I'll never do business with Wells Fargo. EVER.
That branch in Brunswick is one of the worst. But for some reason insurance or maybe it's just life insurance checks get flagged at damn near every bank around. When I deposited my first wife's life insurance check in Midsouth Credit Union on 97 they told me it might be up to 30 days. And damned if it wasn't. Nerve mind the fact that we had been banking with them at least 5 years by then.

Who offers the best percentage rate?

Be very careful with Banks! Ask all kinds of questions about requirements to get their advertised rate.

About 6 months ago I went into a Bank that advertised a 2.4% and the Branch manager waited on me and I said I want that CD. Just happened we had a savings account at that bank, so I said trasnsfer that into that CD. OK, 3 months later I got a statement that said CD was earning .05%!! I ran over and asked what is going on, and she said, her mistake, have to have another account to get that 2.4%. I said open up that savings account and she did. Hard to believe she didn't know, so I called CD dept and they said CD still earning .05%. Ran back over and she said, just found out it has to be a checking account not a savings account. So I said give me a cashiers check for my money which she did. They had restored my interest that she said they would. So I filed a complaint with the Federal Consumer Finance Office on line and go back an email next day saying they had sent emsil to bank. Bank called two days later and said they were computing interest they owed me. Two days later a check for all interest they I think cheated me out of and no withdrawal penalties arrived in the mail.

Another bank told me I had to have a banking account so I opened it to get their best CD rate but didn't want to deal with checks so took a debit card and branch near me ATM didn't work all the time, so I called to check on my CD and they said it wasn't earning but .05% because I hadn't swiped the debit card 5 times that month, so I closed all those accounts before I lost a lot of money.

BEWARE!

That branch in Brunswick is one of the worst. But for some reason insurance or maybe it's just life insurance checks get flagged at damn near every bank around. When I deposited my first wife's life insurance check in Midsouth Credit Union on 97 they told me it might be up to 30 days. And damned if it wasn't. Nerve mind the fact that we had been banking with them at least 5 years by then.

Well Wells Fargo bought out Wachovia who got into trouble letting unaruthorised withdrawals form peoples account just to get the transaction fees. So now the same pople are Wells Fargo!!

Well Wells Fargo bought out Wachovia who got into trouble letting unaruthorised withdrawals form peoples account just to get the transaction fees. So now the same pople are Wells Fargo!!
And Wells Fargo has been caught signing customers up for financial services and products they didn't ask foe and knew nothing about. Then when they got caught not only did they deny doing it but kept on doing it and got popped again. I ****ing hate mega banks.

Back
Top Bottom