• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CD Rate

People still buy CDs as investments? So many better financial instruments nowadays. A high yield savings or money market from Citi offers 2.43% right now and doesn’t come with the restrictions of a CD. If you don’t have a Roth, open one (or two if you’re married). You can deposit two tax years worth of funds ($11,500 for 2018/2019 combined) plus the same for your spouse. Then invest it in ultra-low cost income funds from Vanguard. That will yield you 3-3.5% without much risk. Plus the gains are tax free to boot, and your contributions are always accessible penalty-free.

That's probably the worst investment I can think of. You let the bank lock your money down for what 12 to 36 months for half a percent or 1 percent?

And for the privilege of letting a big bank hold YOUR money you may get a whopping 1% with conditions and penalties, while the big bank will use your money and get a much higher return for their bottom line.

And for the privilege of letting a big bank hold YOUR money you may get a whopping 1% with conditions and penalties, while the big bank will use your money and get a much higher return for their bottom line.
Sounds a lot like Federal Income Tax. Here use my money all year long for FREE. Then let me have a little of it back in February so I feel like a winner when I'm really a sucker.
But no I have never and would never buy any banks CD. Better off buyin $400.00 ARs or silver, or pretty much anything of value. I'd rather scrap junk cars than tie up a chunk off cash for that long.

Banks seem to be a rip-off. Ive got a money market account that I’ve made less than $3 in 7 months on $7500. Gonna move it soon.

Back
Top Bottom