• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CCW license

is it just me

• Total voters
you have to realize that 75% of the users here buy guns for illegal reasons. either for felons or for kids in gangs. i ask for ccw for morals only, I would hate to get a call from a sheriff asking if my firearm was stolen with serial number xxxxxxx and find out later down the road that some hood rat gunned down a bunch of kids at school with the sold firearm
you think 75% of people on here are felons? and you still trade?

you have to realize that 75% of the users here buy guns for illegal reasons. either for felons or for kids in gangs. i ask for ccw for morals only, I would hate to get a call from a sheriff asking if my firearm was stolen with serial number xxxxxxx and find out later down the road that some hood rat gunned down a bunch of kids at school with the sold firearm

Do you ask for a GA Weapons License when you sell ammo?

1641994763815.png

It's the Seller's rules in my opinion, if you don't like it then move on or P$$$ off. That being said I usually just pass on those CCW required post - unless I really just have to have it.
i agree...IF it something i realllly want...I will jump through a cpl hoops. as long as the hoops are agreed upon via PM first.

Yep, my stuff for sale, my rules. Oxygen and water are God given rights, but we have to pay taxes to have clean air to breath and water to drink (unless you are in China).

Just because a kid is 14 years old and knows how to drive doesn't mean I am going to sell them a Corvette.

For me, it is my way of personally weeding out the undesirables that have migrated to this site once scat started going crazy almost 2 years ago. I don't want to deal with a frazzled person that wants a 9mm to protect his family when he is going to sit on the one box of ammo he got and won't practice how to use it to save the precious bullets hiding under his bed in a shoebox.

I have sold/traded with people w/o GWL and met them personally. Their reasons are their reasons, but if not enough positive feedback, piss poor attitude about me requiring one, or if I have a gut feeling at time of meet, I say no thanks. No sweat off of my balls if I don't sell.
I agree. Y'all can say that you sold a gun to someone, they did a bad deed with it but it's on them. Law wise you would be correct but in a civil court anything can happen with a jury. If it has not happened already it is going to: A sold a gun to B who really should not have had it, looked like he should not have had it, etc. etc. A jury can easily be swayed to see that the sale should not have taken place morally. Civil court is not like a law court. If B did a mass shooting with the gun you sold him a jury could easily destroy your life. At least if the buyer has a GWL you can somehow use that as a defense, nothing is set in concrete with a civil jury. It is going to happen somewhere soon. Imagine if you sold the AR to the Sandy Hook shooter!!

Back
Top Bottom