• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ccw at world congress center

Silver Mallard

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
5   0
Reaction score
Just wanted to see if it is legal or not to carry at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta? Will be there for the Cheer Sport competition this weekend.
thanks

I was there last summer and never saw any weapons signs. I don't think there are any restrictions but you can contact them at 404-223-4000 and specifically ask if there is a state law or local policy forbidding weapon permit holders access. A broken law can send you to jail a broken policy they can ask you to leave.

http://www.gwcc.com/about/Fun_Facts.aspx

It's against state law to carry there as it's considered a government building. The Georgia World Congress Center Authority is a state "authority" and is housed there.

Unless they post signs and have metal detectors at all entrances with screening personnel/LEO you can lawfully carry there with a permit as of July 1, 2014 with the passage and signed law of HB60.

I tried to check and see about six months ago to see if they mentioned it but no information was provided. They are not happy about it I'm sure nor is Mayor Reed.

I think they had a car show there right after the law went into effect and an engine backfired causing the herd to stampede. The media was salivating in hopes it was gun fire to prove their point that guns are bad, mkay.

Last edited:
Unless they post signs and have metal detectors at all entrances with screening personnel/LEO you can lawfully carry there with a permit as of July 1, 2014.

I tried to check and see about six months ago to see if they mentioned it but no information was provided. They are not happy about it I'm sure nor is Mayor Reed.

I think they had a car show there right after the law went into effect and an engine backfired causing the herd to stampede. The media was salivating in hopes it was gun fire to prove their point that guns are bad, mkay.

Thats what I'm going down there for today, auto show

Back
Top Bottom