Cave Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrows

Default rank <50 posts
Hunter
16   0
Reaction score
My family owns a cave in Bluff city TN, 4-5 hours from Atlanta, and has recently started offering guided tours of it, and overnight camping inside the cave. I thought some people here may be interested in getting a group together and spending the weekend up there. I would suggest paying for the guided tour to the back of the cave the first time you go, then doing it solo (in a group of course) next trip you make. Super fun for all age groups (8+), as long as you are in decent physical condition. More details are at www.worleyscave.com . If you're interested shoot me a PM or e-mail me at: worleyscavetrips.brandon@gmail.com and I'll answer any questions, or forward them to the Trip Director so she can answer them if I can't. If you would please go through me, I get a small kickback, and it doesn't cost any more. I've been several times and hope to be able to go again soon, but I'm getting hitched soon so it may not work out for me to go in the next few months.

This is a unique, all natural cave and you will most certainly want to go more than once after you experience it. Check out the website for more info and some pictures.

LOL. One time we went, we passed a group of kids coming out, then the next large cavern smelled like weed. Stupid kids, there are not exactly fresh air vents! There are a few caverns that are 100 or so feet high and much wider/longer than that though, and also some places smaller than a hallway. And if you go all the way to the back, there is a place where you have to crawl on your stomach. That can be pretty intense. The shorter route is a bit more tame though. Here's the closest there is to a map of the place: http://www.furman.edu/orgs/fuoc/photos/2009-WorleysCave/Worley's.jpg

Wow that's so cool to own a cave. I'll put it on the list for the kids one day.
Sounds kinda spooky to camp on a cave but I bet it would be fun. Do they serve beans and cabbage?

You may regret Byob. I did a cave camping trip in Alabama a few years ago with my sons Cub Scout pack and the walk from the inside if the cave up a steep incline to the nearest bathroom was quite a distance.
i used to go "spelunking" when i was a teen in and around n.ga.
there used to be a popular little cave off of 278 in rockmart.
the highway was widened years ago and i heard it was filled in.

i used to go "spelunking" when i was a teen in and around n.ga.
there used to be a popular little cave off of 278 in rockmart.
the highway was widened years ago and i heard it was filled in.

The one we went to in Alabama is cool. It is huge! It was used as a speakeasy during prohibition and was called the "bloody bucket" because of all the shootings and killings that occurred there during prohibition. It is now a theme park... Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom