• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Caught Academy Sports slipping

medium187mph

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
217   0
Reaction score
Y’all be sure to check prices at the self scanner when buying items at Academy Sports.

I snagged this Hornady cam lock trimmer for 69 plus tax based on sticker price on the shelf... it was ringing up for the new low price of 99.99

23590D76-3BB4-4D76-B650-28774C5E72D6.jpeg
711C4E3A-6F90-492A-B32D-0BF95E943F14.jpeg

I have had ALOT of trouble at Academy with items ringing up incorrectly.
So you are saying it rang up to low ( In your favor)??

Because I keep having the opposite experience.. Its become so bad that I take a picture of the price and bar code on the shelf display before I go up front to checkout because it always rings up wrong. (To high)

I have had ALOT of trouble at Academy with items ringing up incorrectly.
So you are saying it rang up to low ( In your favor)??

Because I keep having the opposite experience.. Its become so bad that I take a picture of the price and bar code on the shelf display before I go up front to checkout because it always rings up wrong. (To high)

No they raised the prices in the store system but the employees haven’t updated the price tags on the shelves.

It had a tag for $69 and it was ringing up for $99. I took the tag with me to the register and they honored the older rate of $69

This seems to be common so if you see something you want, check the price on the self scanner and if it’s more expensive then the tagged price, take the tag with you to the register lol

Ahhh, I recall the days before bar codes. Worked retail when I was in high school. Customers attempting to switch "stickers"...then they came out with those segmented stickers, which helped a little bit weren't really a solution. I priced a bit of merchandise in my younger days.

Then came Bar Codes.

As a side note, THE inventor of the bar code reportedly owned a mansion on Hutchinson Island, just north of the Jensen Beach Causeway. I lived a little further down the street, at the Slums of Hutchinson Island. Every day at the beach is a good day, no matter how big your digs. It was a huge place, very much a "Palm Beach mansion", but not in Palm Beach. Only place like it on Hutchinson. The roadway landscape used to be absolutely COVERED by Christmas lights each year. Must have been a million lights. It became such a destination in the evening for the drive by's that I think the city asked him to stop putting them up. The last year I lived there, there were no lights. Hated to see it come to an end. His gardeners probably were not disappointed. They would have a cherry picker out there for weeks prior to the Holiday putting those lights up and then taking them all down.

I hate to say it but academy deserves it. They are infamous for being a premium price on everything. The only time I shop there is like now when would I need extra ammo and they haven’t caught up to the times of charging the most flamboyant prices. Otherwise they have nothing I need.

Gotta get caught up on how easy and much more accurate a giraud or WFT are.
I haven't used a WFT but I've used a benchtop Giraud for tens of thousands of cases. It's a great tool for quantity trimming range and practice ammo. It works fine for my High Power cartridges. Benchrest shooters may look for other subsequent thinning/trimming/chamfering processes but for High Power rifle it is sufficient.

Back
Top Bottom