• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cataract Surgery

When I had mine done I had to get the medical exam done before. My first eye was scheduled at the 3 week point (you had to have it done within 30 days of the medical release). They were going to wait a month for my other eye but because insurance wouldn't pay for another medical release I had that eye done a week later at the 30 day point. With the chart of drops for each eye and 4 or 5 separate bottles of eyedrops for each eye it was a major undertaking to figure out what drops and how many went into each eye and then have to update the charts.

I'm glad that I had mine that close together since once it was all done it was done without having to wait for another surgery date and stuff. I highly recommend getting them done close together if you can work it out with your doctor.

When I had mine done a few years back the doctor didn't ask me if I wanted to be set for distant vision or up close, so he chose distance. I can see great at distance, better than 20/20, but my up close vision isn't so good. I have to wear reading glasses to work on the computer or to read. Watching TV at 10 feet away or so is fine without glasses. I don't have the nighttime glare when I drive now.

Anyway, ask your doctor if there is an option and then decide what is best for you.

Yes, already discussed options.
I am going for the distant vision at a cost of 2400 each eye.
I have astigmatism and will have to wear reading glasses.

Wife had the same done several years ago, and she can see distance a hell of a lot better than me. She does use reading glasses.

Well, had the cataract surgery yesterday morning, Thursday.
Not a pleasant experience but very nice people to deal with.

Opted for the laser surgery with the Touric lens.

One small problem after surgery had elevated pressure in the eye and gave me drops for that and had to return this morning to check. Now normal.

Can see now 20/30 without glasses on distance which is a big difference. Could read all the chart lines except the tiny bottom one. Could actually read street signs on way home today. Knew my eyes were getting bad but you don't realize how bad until you can see again.

Had to get reading glasses however, I already knew I would have to.
Go back in two weeks for the other one.

I had mine done for distance last year. For the first time since I was 6 I don't need glasses except to read. The procedure was easier than a dentist visit and repeated it in 2 weeks. I could not be happier with the results. I should have had it done 20 years sooner.

Back
Top Bottom