• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cataract Surgery

Redneck1919

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
46   0
Reaction score
Last Friday the Eye Surgeons office called me to cancel my cataract surgery on April 30, because of the virus crap.
They have been closed for four weeks.

This morning the coordinator called me to tell me it is back on. They are going to start back on the 27th.

Hope this stays true, I want to get this over with. Eyes getting worse.

Last Friday the Eye Surgeons office called me to cancel my cataract surgery on April 30, because of the virus crap.

This morning the coordinator called me to tell me it is back on. They are going to start back on the 27th.

It's the best thing I've done . I cannot believe how much of a difference it has been for me. I wouldn't need glasses if it wasn't for the astigmatism.

When I had mine done a few years back the doctor didn't ask me if I wanted to be set for distant vision or up close, so he chose distance. I can see great at distance, better than 20/20, but my up close vision isn't so good. I have to wear reading glasses to work on the computer or to read. Watching TV at 10 feet away or so is fine without glasses. I don't have the nighttime glare when I drive now.

Anyway, ask your doctor if there is an option and then decide what is best for you.

When I had mine done a few years back the doctor didn't ask me if I wanted to be set for distant vision or up close, so he chose distance. I can see great at distance, better than 20/20, but my up close vision isn't so good. I have to wear reading glasses to work on the computer or to read. Watching TV at 10 feet away or so is fine without glasses. I don't have the nighttime glare when I drive now.

Anyway, ask your doctor if there is an option and then decide what is best for you.

Same here!

Good advice. I chose distance and wear readers also. Doc said there was a choice of multifocal but he hadn’t had good results as most needed to wear glasses afterwards.

My wife had the bifocal lenses done last year and she swears by them. She does wear readers on occasion, but she's on the computer all day and readers reduce her eye strain.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I’m in the same situation, surgery scheduled for April 9, cancelled the week before. Still waiting to hear when it will be rescheduled. I’m to the point I no longer drive as I can’t read road signs or see the traffic signals.

Good luck OP on your surgery!

There is an option. Near , far or multi focal. If you are on medicare the near and far lenses are free. The multifocal is $2500

Back
Top Bottom