• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Case Cleaning

I bought a rebel extreme tumbler last year and have been very happy with it. I don’t think it’s any louder that my Lyman vibratory tumbler. It does have a whine to it, but I can barely hear it when it’s working in the basement and I’m upstairs. I’m guessing your neighbors wouldn’t be bothered by it either.
I’ve picked up a bunch of pretty crappy looking brass out at riverbend and no way a vibratory tumbler would have done what the rebel did. A little lemishine, water, palmolive and you are golden....so is the brass.

92F8E296-FD9C-4965-B917-79BC2E172226.jpeg
43E3A291-5EAD-4A4E-A6D2-29A6F2168784.jpeg

I've used both extensively and they're both fairly annoying. My guess would be that the buzzing from the vibratory tumbler carries better through floors/walls than the dull roar wet tumbling.

I prefer wet tumbling for having way less mess—no media to inevitably end up everywhere. And there's no need for steel pins when wet tumbling unless you're insistent on shining up the inside of your cases. I wet tumble with cases, water, a teaspoon of Lemi Shine, and a squirt of Dawn. Cases come out plenty clean.

Back
Top Bottom