• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Case Cleaning

DeaconFrost

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
7   0
Reaction score
Howdy all. Hope everyone is well considering g the apocalypse. I've been reloading 9mm for quite a few years and am just kinda curious about something. Circumstances have me in an apartment building and I'm wondering which is quieter, wet tumbling or dry? I used to.dry tumble with a combo of corn cob and walnut but I'm thinking that wet tumbling might be a bit quieter to the neighbors.not sure that I care too much but my neighbors are cool and I don't want to disturb anyone. Thanks, and stay safe.

The wet tumbler is louder in your room but the vibratory tumbler is going to get more complaints from the neighbors unless you can isolate the vibration from the floor.

I'm not sure which is louder but a vibratory is way more likely to piss off the neighbors. The noise of and electric motor is more tolerable than a compact jackhammer

I ran a Thumblers Ultra Vibe 10 in Greenville for years, 3rd floor apt on a piece of cardboard. Ultravibe is the quietest of ANY case cleaner o. The market except chemical sonic.

Hot water, dish liquid and a dash of Lemishine is really all you need to clean cases. I do it on all range brass. Theo ly reason I tumble is to out a little corc cob dust on the cases so they'll not stick in the powder expanding die on the 1050.

Thanks for all the info. I used to use a Lyman vibratory with corn cob and walnut media and put it my utility clost on the porch but that was when I was on the first floor. Unfortunately that one died and as I'm getting back into it again after a few years I'm in the market for a new tumbler. Maybe all the boom boom music from my neighbors will cover up any of the noise from either one. Thanks again.

I work construction and was able to get remnants of HVAC junction box insulation. It's covered on both sides so no itchy mess after you duct tape up a box/lid. Homedepot and Lowe's options for cardboard or foam board were expensive and no where as good. I use a custom made tumbler running off of a big drill and using a 5 gal bucket. With the cover and a door closed it is hardly audible, same with my vibratory.. but both are on carpeted concrete. My vote would be for a wet tumbler with a cover. I've never owned or used a Frankford or Thumler, but I'm sure they're way quieter than my setup with 2k .223 brass in it :)

Back
Top Bottom