• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carnivore diet?

I have been adjusting my workout into the morning to accommodate my fasting which is usually about 16 hours.

Other than some butter tea and MCT oil before my workout and plenty of water.

I may try to fast longer as it takes a long while before I feel hungry. Some days I can go about 19 hours before my stomach actually begins to grumble. Some people go days and I am not sure I want to try that. I do need me some protein after working out so we'll see.

I'm 57, been on Carnivore for 1yr, Keto for 6 moths before that...the increase in health has been unreal, only those who do it really know how fantastic this way of eating is.
I've lost over 72 lbs ( 280+ to 205)
Blood work done, no longer pre-diabetic, everything much improved
Feels like I turned back the clock 20+ years.
Lots of nay say'ers out there, glad there are enough people who are looking to the real facts (genuine medical studies not questionnaires)
Kudos to you!
The improvements I'm experiencing continue to improve the longer I'm eating this way.

Really nothing like it, I have a friend that is mostly Vegan, log term his health is really getting worse but he, just like many, believes only what they have been taught their whole life - fat is bad, carbs are good, fiber is needed, too much protein is really bad for kidneys, heart, etc....despite my unreal health change many think it doesn't work or is a fad.

Health benefits are real, Loving life here!

Congrats!

Vegetarians always look sick to me.

As with all diets (meaning all the food you consume) is there is a good way and a bad way to do it. If all you ate was bologna and hot dogs for your meat you's be in bad shape. Even deli meat is processed to much to really be healthy. You just need to watch what all you are taking in.

Do eggs fall into the Carnivore diet? What about milk and cheese? I'm honestly curious.

Do eggs fall into the Carnivore diet? What about milk and cheese?

Yes but get the best quality food you can, not a must but for better health.
For beef, grass fed is best but I eat mostly Costco cuts...Deer is awesome, hotdogs, ground beef, liver.
Eggs ideal should be farm fresh and not fed corn but just eggs from anywhere will get you there.
Heavy cream in small quantities is ok.
Cheese should be limited as well but is ok and 0 carb. Real cheese, hard block.

Way of eating is mainly common sense...nothing processed, sugar coated, 1 item or just salt added in ingredient list...farm to table when possible, nothing fried unless in beef or pork fat.

When in doubt beef is best but I eat much variety. Don't forget the butter, high fat is key when eating anything.

Good luck!

I have been adjusting my workout into the morning to accommodate my fasting which is usually about 16 hours.

Other than some butter tea and MCT oil before my workout and plenty of water.

I may try to fast longer as it takes a long while before I feel hungry. Some days I can go about 19 hours before my stomach actually begins to grumble. Some people go days and I am not sure I want to try that. I do need me some protein after working out so we'll see.

That sounds unhealthy. Our bodies aren't really designed to go that long without food. It could make your body try to store the fat as well for a reserve.

"That sounds unhealthy. Our bodies aren't really designed to go that long without food. It could make your body try to store the fat as well for a reserve."

This comment is completely untrue. Can easily be researched, again lots of nay sayers and people who have no idea.

"That sounds unhealthy. Our bodies aren't really designed to go that long without food. It could make your body try to store the fat as well for a reserve."

This comment is completely untrue. Can easily be researched, again lots of nay sayers and people who have no idea.

I was referring to the going days without food. If going days without food is healthy i would honestly love to see the research on it if you have any links. I have done the intermittent fasting before, 8 on 16 off with good results.

That sounds unhealthy. Our bodies aren't really designed to go that long without food. It could make your body try to store the fat as well for a reserve.

Everyone knows early humans hit McDonalds drive thru, or at least grabbed a donut, before the morning hunt for the rest of their food.

I was referring to the going days without food. If going days without food is healthy i would honestly love to see the research on it if you have any links. I have done the intermittent fasting before, 8 on 16 off with good results.

No offense intended here but your quote had no reference to going days without food, the quote you used is for hours and there are numerous fast studies available for longer periods. I don't do them myself but the studies are there. Having researched this method of eating for 2 years before doing it, there is a lot of detail available.

Doing a 16 hour fast or so is just skipping breakfast for most.
Let's stick to the OP's post.
Great post and good luck with your health.

A few other things I have done was make my own calcium from egg shells. I boil them to clean them up then bake them dry and put them in a chopper till its powder. I have been sprinkling it on my steaks and adding it to toothpaste.

The other thing I have done is get out in the sun, I spend about 20 minutes with no shirt on soaking in the rays. My skin is pasty white so anymore that 20 mins and I will begin to burn. It's been a nice addition.

Next is to start making my own bone broth, I am looking to get more collagen and this would seem to be a good start. I suffered a knee injury about 10 years ago. The pain comes and goes depending on what I do to aggravate it like bending my knee wrong when sitting ect.
During this diet I have had my knee in a compression sleeve which has been so nice that I may just get one for my other knee since the stability alone has been a huge benefit. I will say since the sleeve and diet I have had no knee pain since.

Here was dinner. Ribeye mid-rare cooked in butter with beef liver, shrimp and 2 eggs.
I only finished about half.

20200901_201114.jpg

Back
Top Bottom