• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carnivore diet?

Maintaining 0 carbs over the long haul is difficult. I would suggest you add some greens (salad with your meat) and modest carbs. 20 - 30g of carbs per day will probably keep you in Ketosis and maintain those benefits, and is much easier on the lifestyle.

Getting leg cramps?

No legs cramps and digestion/ stool has been less but regular. I have yet to experience any negative side affects. I plan to introduce plants and limited carbs once the excess fat around my waist has diminished. I spent or 8 weeks working out and 6 mile eliptical HIIT training and it my waist wouldn't budge even with a diet that consisted of protein, broccoli, cauliflower and greenbeans and onions.

I was using maple syrup instead of plain sugar as a sweetener for tea and coffee at the time which most likely was the problem even though it was limited.

Where do you work out?

At home, I made a small spot in the basement for the eliptical, a mat for bodyweight exercises and I have some weights but I need more. Also have a pullup bar mounted to the ceiling. It's not much but it's getting the job done. You would think just staring at a wall would suck but I just zone out and don't even think about it. Pop in some music and I'm g2g!

20200228_114231.jpg

I may be wrong, but 70 inches and 145 lbs doesn't seem to healthy. I will definitely give you credit on commitment. Just my 2cents

I would agree as well, though I always had a lanky body type and never put on much muscle. I have checked multiple places and it seems underweight is around the low 130s but as I stated before my waist and hips have a ton of fat that I definitely need to get off. The scales won't matter much now since I am back on my workout program. My goal though this is a slim waist and hopefully 170lbs

I intake plenty of fat on this diet and I eat until I am full. I make sure sodium and electrolyte intake is good and I drink about 2 1/2 liters of water.

I will up my fat intake once my waist has slimmed up.

I only drink water or unsweetened tea. I only eat whole, non-processed food, no dairy, only whole wheat and very little, no sugar, no alcohol. All my stomach issues, foggy brain, low energy levels are gone. Basically I eat flesh, fruits and vegetables. I feel like a new person. I do run 4 miles and do an hour of strength training every day. 4 days on, one day off. It took me a lifetime to figure out what we eat is poison.

I may be wrong, but 70 inches and 145 lbs doesn't seem to healthy. I will definitely give you credit on commitment. Just my 2cents

19f6e576f9b65bbf79f0e881998133ca.gif

It's on the low end, but frame determines a lot of that as well. I am guessing that he has a small frame. We have normalized over weight in America. When you look at fighters like Mcgregor, he started at 145. He looked somewhat healthy to me IMO.

hqdefault.jpg

Granted he looks better heavier but if you cut the fat off of the second picture he would weigh considerably less. When you cut out carbs 100% you use the fat for energy instead of using the sugar that you body stores for energy. The OP is heading towards if not already there an extremely low fat content. Anybody that does consistent strength training can not stay at these low weights due to muscle mass building up. It would probably kill Mcregor to go back to 145 because of the muscles building up.

I'm not saying this to argue, just something to think about.

I'm 57, been on Carnivore for 1yr, Keto for 6 moths before that...the increase in health has been unreal, only those who do it really know how fantastic this way of eating is.
I've lost over 72 lbs ( 280+ to 205)
Blood work done, no longer pre-diabetic, everything much improved
Feels like I turned back the clock 20+ years.
Lots of nay say'ers out there, glad there are enough people who are looking to the real facts (genuine medical studies not questionnaires)
Kudos to you!
The improvements I'm experiencing continue to improve the longer I'm eating this way.

Really nothing like it, I have a friend that is mostly Vegan, long term his health is really getting worse but he, just like many, believes only what they have been taught their whole life - fat is bad, carbs are good, fiber is needed, too much protein is really bad for kidneys, heart, etc....despite my unreal health change many think it doesn't work or is a fad.

Health benefits are real, Loving life here!

Congrats!

I started Keto 8/10 and I’m down 27 lbs today. I’m taking in 27-30 carbs/day. Days 7-10 was the keto flu- took a few days to get over. I feel better, no snoring and sticking to it til Christmas. I was the biggest in my life at 275 & 49 yrs old...had to do something to keep my wife from having husband #2.

I would say Keto is the best way start, I was within that range for awhile and my fat loss just bottomed out. My gut slimmed up considerably but that fat around the waist just would not come off.

I had a fatty lump the size of a medium potato on my right hip that is now gone but my waist still has more to lose.

Most of my reading was other people's testimony on why they tried carnivore and it was similar. They were in keto but still have joint/skin issues or like me they just couldn't lose that last bit of fat that is the hardest to work off.

No sugar spikes or crashes have been great as well. I can eat till I am full and there is no drowsy feeling, just constant energy throughout the day.

I would say Keto is the best way start, I was within that range for awhile and my fat loss just bottomed out. My gut slimmed up considerably but that fat around the waist just would not come off.

I had a fatty lump the size of a medium potato on my right hip that is now gone but my waist still has more to lose.

Most of my reading was other people's testimony on why they tried carnivore and it was similar. They were in keto but still have joint/skin issues or like me they just couldn't lose that last bit of fat that is the hardest to work off.

No sugar spikes or crashes have been great as well. I can eat till I am full and there is no drowsy feeling, just constant energy throughout the day.
Any remaining fat will fall off with intermittent fasting and eating a clean keto diet. Fat loss will bottom out without fasting.

Back
Top Bottom