• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carmax is such a waste of time and money.

Floyd187

Hen of Fame Supporter
ODT Junkie!
60   0
Reaction score
So I decided I wanted to add a certain vehicle to my fleet. After finding one close, in the spec I desired and acceptable milage, I when to purchase. I traveled to the dealership who possessed the vehicle and purchased the vehicle, with a so many day dealership warranty, choosing to forgo the extended warranty. Said dealership warranty coverd engine, trans, most electrical and so on. Two days later the car throw a rod out the block. Sucks but I understand things happen, so I called and had it towed to the carmax off thornton rd and was told staid warranty defiantly covered the engine as we singed in the contract. After a week, no call or emails. When I called, no answer. After another week I had to drive down on my weekend off to figure out what's going to happen and was told they were looking for the engine. So long story short... I was never offered a loaner or rental now 4 week after purchase, and was told they could not find a replacement engine and to find a new car. I also was told that it would take about a month for them to return my down-payment as they would have to mail it. Be careful buying from carmax. they won't stand behind their contracts.

I guess I don't understand... Did their "so many day warranty" have a loaner included for such a issue as you had happen?
Seems maybe info back and forth may be lacking but they did try to honor warranty right? And, they will return your money although it may take longer than you think it should? Seems like they are honoring what they said but not like you think they should...

Depending on what it is, used engines are in short supply lately. They offered a replacement car or your money back and I dont know of a used car warranty that gives you a rental. I have dealt with CarMax several times, many of my customers have used them and CM is good to go in my book. Now I can share some stories on Carvana that will make you think twice....

Regardless of returning money, thats the car I had been looking for. They have a contract stating " love your car ". they will fix any failures up to 3 months or so. well???? what does that mean to you?

In the same breadth, i can see his gripe.
He bought and paid (i assume) for a car….two days later it craps….he paid for a warranty that covers the repairs.
They should at least keep in touch with him, i think. Now his $ is being held hostage for 30+ days while he has to come out of pocket again for another car that he has to hopefully find .
I wonder how fast i could find that motor with cash money - on a retail basis ? Just a thought. There ARE always three sides to every story though.
Not much he can do but I would not be too dang happy about it.

Back
Top Bottom