• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carmax is such a waste of time and money.

Regardless of returning money, thats the car I had been looking for. They have a contract stating " love your car ". they will fix any failures up to 3 months or so. well???? what does that mean to you?
How can they fix it though? Can't source the parts, so they refunded 100%....I'd accept that in a heartbeat. You think any other car reseller would do it?

Tuner guys snatch up every one of those they find. Gonna be a hard one to source.
I'm kind of surprised CM would even mess with a car that old. They normally wont mess with anything more than 3 or 4 years old.
And no, I'm not surprised they wont use a motor you source. They cant stand behind it and they dont want the risk.

I guess yall are right. I'm just pissed I spent months looking for that specific vehicle and no matter what I do it's going to the auction.
I can relate to anger clouds. I do understand those. But, when you back off and see things without the cloud they get a little clearer... Good luck finding another.

They can't warranty an engine that they don't buy themselves which is why they won't let you bring one to them. Everything in the car business is in short supply right now. I've been working in this industry for almost a decade and I've never seen it like this before. Best advice is to find another car that you like and go with that instead. It will be much quicker than waiting for a replacement engine.

How fast were you revving that engine when it let go? A Honda engine with 60k on it shouldn't come apart like that unless it was low on oil or someone was really running it hard when it was cold. Was it a manual transmission?

They can't warranty an engine that they don't buy themselves which is why they won't let you bring one to them. Everything in the car business is in short supply right now. I've been working in this industry for almost a decade and I've never seen it like this before. Best advice is to find another car that you like and go with that instead. It will be much quicker than waiting for a replacement engine.

How fast were you revving that engine when it let go? A Honda engine with 60k on it shouldn't come apart like that unless it was low on oil or someone was really running it hard when it was cold. Was it a manual transmission?

1 to 2 gear shift maybe 2600 rpm and yes manual iv been a car nut all my life and never tossed a rod on the road. many on the strip. I think I just learned a lesson tho. should have never had it towed. I should have had someone put a motor in it. I just work so much ( truck driver) I knew I didn't have the time and thought cm would just take care of it.

Pacific Engine Company in Norcross
Best Japanese Engines

those are 2 JDM shops you can call about motors
I need the car back first! and that not going to happen apparently? oh well I'm not so pissed anymore after the convos. thanks odt family! when things are mine thay are mine and I don't like people tell me I can't have my stuff back.

Back
Top Bottom