Navy/ArmyVet

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
11   0
Reaction score
Not homeless.jpg

Preparing to become homeless.

You HAVE to feel for the guy.
Last week I went to a very busy Kroger in Warner Robins. On the way into the parking lot I saw a guy in a wheelchair with a sign next to like a Goodwill box. He wasn't faking because one leg was gone past the knee. So I whipped it around and asked " Would you prefer hot coffee or cold beer? " He wanted coffee. So I got some beef jerky M&Ms, and trail mix. Then I got two 24 oz Icehouse beers . After paying for all that I went to the in store Starbucks. That took WAY longer than finding my groceries. So anyway I took old dude the food coffee and a large Pike Place coffee along with a few ones and change in the bag. He had fingers missing too. This ****ing guy has had a hard life. But damn he was happy about that coffee.

Last week I went to a very busy Kroger in Warner Robins. On the way into the parking lot I saw a guy in a wheelchair with a sign next to like a Goodwill box. He wasn't faking because one leg was gone past the knee. So I whipped it around and asked " Would you prefer hot coffee or cold beer? " He wanted coffee. So I got some beef jerky M&Ms, and trail mix. Then I got two 24 oz Icehouse beers . After paying for all that I went to the in store Starbucks. That took WAY longer than finding my groceries. So anyway I took old dude the food coffee and a large Pike Place coffee along with a few ones and change in the bag. He had fingers missing too. This ****ing guy has had a hard life. But damn he was happy about that coffee.
You're a good man Charlie Brown.

Letus, sir, you were that gentleman's angel. God bless you and him.

One of the revelations I had shortly after my marriage was when I went shopping with my new wife. After four hours she bought one blouse. I've never gone shopping with her again. That was 40 years ago.
Yup. Same here. I told my wife that I don't get how she can walk around a store with an arm load of clothes for 2 and half hours looking at and touching every garment there and then leaving empty handed.

I'm waiting for the first one that has a sign
made of anything besides brown cardboard.
And can't be too broke if they can afford a big
Magic Marker (or Sharpie). Good idea to check
their shoes. Some wearing Nikes and Adidas.
If they buy a cheeseburger instead of a Sharpie how the hell are they supposed to make any money? Huh?
1639061376175.png

Back
Top Bottom