• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Car Question

I had that exact model 4 cyl 5 speed Accord. They were all oil burners due to the faulty oil control rings. You wont know until you drive it 1000 miles whether or not its a burner so determining this during a test drive isnt possible. No smoke. Honda recalled this issue with updated rings so the car needs to come with papers proving it was corrected. The othee big issue was the VTC actuator for the Vtec. Mine failed at 108k miles. Went ahead and replaced all timing components while I was in there. Mind you this is a timing chain car, not belt. So while I thought my days of changing timing belts were over, the joke was on me. $500 in Honda parts later for chain, guides, gear etc… I swore Id never buy another Honda.

That's barely broken in these days. I expect any vehicle, except for the most disposable to make it 300,000+ with routine maintenance.
I keep my wife in nice cars (currently a Meceedes), but don't have a single payment. For the cost of a new car I could keep one in great shape for a couple decades after payoff.
Its not reliability that drives the decision to purchase new anymore.
My truck is as strong as a newer one :becky::becky::becky:; paid off… and I’ll push as far as I can on this babe, and it has just the small fraction of $253k miles on it….:car::car:

Back
Top Bottom