• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Car leaking oil question

There is no oil leak from the converter. It runs so hot no oil would make it through. Somebody is trying to beat someone else. Either she's trying to beat you or a service place is trying to beat her. Leave it alone. It's not your problem. It's also not your place to get involved. Tell her any way you want but tell her get lost

I had a tranny do that. It was when I put it under a load (towing) and the transmission overheated. When it cooled off, I limped it 200 miles back home. The tranny needed an overhaul.

I had had the truck for a while and no problems, but no towing. It had been hit in the front before I bought it and antifreeze got into the tranny oil cooler and wiped the clutches out.

There is no oil leak from the converter. It runs so hot no oil would make it through. Somebody is trying to beat someone else. Either she's trying to beat you or a service place is trying to beat her. Leave it alone. It's not your problem. It's also not your place to get involved. Tell her any way you want but tell her get lost

So was she mistaken about the oil then? It was just trans fluid?

She thought oil. But it was burnt Trans fluid. I'm not sure how far or fast she drove it. But it is all over the back glass of the rear hatch. Never seen anything like it. Its at the Trans shop now. I'm going to honor what l told her and nothing more.

An auto trans will burp fluid out the vent when its over worked. I've done it. The pump isnt able to scavenge the oil from the sump quick enough, the case fills up and it burps out the top. She would have had to had her foot in the throttle for a long time on a hill to do that though. Unless it was over filled to begin with.

I can guarantee you I've over worked it before with 4 full-grown teenagers and there luggage coming home from Florida. I'm hoping a good flush and fill will fix it. Who knows

Well... the transmission is shot. At least that's what the repair shop says.

When we drove it from the mechanic to the trans. Less than half a mile. the transmission shifted smoothly. So going to ODT and there unlimited knowledge here. Does any one know if doing multiple flush and fills on it would postpone it needing to be replaced? Would that even be worth a try?

These had weak transmissions...weak by Honda standards. A flush isnt gonna fix a worn pump, which is what it sounds like. Pump can deliver the volume it needs.

Your is a tight spot...tell them too bad, not your problem.....or help them and lose some or all of what you got for it. Good luck sir.

Back
Top Bottom