• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Car leaking oil question

You are in a spot I wouldn't want to be in. But when someone buys a 200k mile anything they are taking a risk. Those Trans need a service every 30k with genuine honda fluid nothing else and they will last.

Those transmissions also suck to put in. I never like doing them they pay 10 or 12 hours and there is good reason for it.

Good luck OP.

I hear you.
that happened to me one time and I really don't want to be that guy you know. But it is her car now and her problem ultimately, just trying not to leave her high and dry.
Remember : No good deed ever, ever, under any circumstances goes unpunished.

She thought oil. But it was burnt Trans fluid. I'm not sure how far or fast she drove it. But it is all over the back glass of the rear hatch. Never seen anything like it. Its at the Trans shop now. I'm going to honor what l told her and nothing more.
Years ago I had a 1992 full size Blazer. At around 125K, the torque converter started burning up the trans fluid. It was shooting out from somewhere and ending up all over the rear hatch/window. I want to say it cost around $1400 for a trans rebuild. But that was around 2001/2002.

You're a good man for even being concerned. It sounds like a old high mileage vehicle and she did something to mess it up. Not necessarily on purpose, but obviously not good for the vehicle. You owe her nothing, but if you feel compelled to do something try to do something that meets somewhere in the middle. Just don't loose your shirt.

Back
Top Bottom