• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Car carry question

"Interpretation" means that you still can't find any Georgia Statute, court case, or article that uses that phrase or concept.

Try this, the next time you get stopped in your vehicle, by a cop with 33 years experience, keep the windows rolled up, and tell the officer you would rather not engage him in conversation, because your vehicle is an extension of your home, and well established court precedent has established that you do not have to engage the police in your home. Being as you are on the same page, he will wish you good day and send you on your way,

Oh yeah. The law is clear that you can be drunk as a Lord in your own home or even out in the yard and you are not violating the law. Try explaining to the good officer that being as your vehicle is an extension of your home, the same principal applies.

Just because someone interprets the law by using the phrase "extension of your home" doesn't mean its a blanket coverage. You are correct in that a vehicle can be searched without a search warrant unlike a home. In that sense the motor vehicle is not an "extension of your home". HOWEVER, the phrase "extension of your home" is NOT false when it comes to carrying a firearm or defending yourself from a villian. Hell, I can say "there is not a single difference in a motor vehicle and a residential struture"........when it comes to carryng a firearm without a permit in GA. In the sense that one is a self propelled vehicle and one is a dwelling set on a foundation of concrete that phrase would be wrong.

Nobody implements the law without interpreting it first. The phrase "So what does that mean?" is said in every courtroom every day in America when statutes are read.

Dude, you’re an idiot! You have way too much time on your hands. You recently get a ticket and got a chip on your shoulder? Too sorry to be a Cop, criminal record maybe and you hate the Police? Gotta love the “Keyboard Warrior” lol. I kinda wish you’d drive your extension of your home off a fn cliff...

Dude, you’re an idiot! You have way too much time on your hands. You recently get a ticket and got a chip on your shoulder? Too sorry to be a Cop, criminal record maybe and you hate the Police? Gotta love the “Keyboard Warrior” lol. I kinda wish you’d drive your extension of your home off a fn cliff...

That's not nice

:pop2:

smilenwave-461511.gif

Easy, killer

Just because someone interprets the law by using the phrase "extension of your home" doesn't mean its a blanket coverage.

Here's the bottom line, then I'm out of here. Feel free to carry on.

When you repeat the phrase "you automobile is an extension of your home" you immediately identify yourself as having obtained your information from other internet keyboard warriors, not from any source that is actively engaged in the subject because, again, the phrase and concept is not used in the law of any state. It is wholly made up internet meme. Ranks right up there with the choking doberman.

For some reason, it seems to be particularly popular to bounce around in Georgia.

So no one is going to jail if they adopt this meme, and probably no one will get shot from implementing this meme, but using it immediately identifies you as relying on derivative information, with no real understanding of the underlying issues.

If that is where you want to be, then that's what's great about America. Carry on.

Here's the bottom line, then I'm out of here. Feel free to carry on.

When you repeat the phrase "you automobile is an extension of your home" you immediately identify yourself as having obtained your information from other internet keyboard warriors, not from any source that is actively engaged in the subject because, again, the phrase and concept is not used in the law of any state. It is wholly made up internet meme. Ranks right up there with the choking doberman.

For some reason, it seems to be particularly popular to bounce around in Georgia.

So no one is going to jail if they adopt this meme, and probably no one will get shot from implementing this meme, but using it immediately identifies you as relying on derivative information, with no real understanding of the underlying issues.

If that is where you want to be, then that's what's great about America. Carry on.

Go by your local law enforcement agency and ask a couple officers what it means. They’re actively engaged in the subject and will know exactly what you mean.

Back
Top Bottom