• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Car carry question

But, that's like your opinion or some **** = asshole = everyone has one!
It's not an opinion when I can back it up with facts. I have some magnets like what he's talking about, I use them to do things like stand up rifles when I pull them out of the safe. If you are able to pull the pistol off with one hand (drawing your pistol), then that magnet will NOT retain that pistol during a car crash. The force of a car crash can throw an unrestrained human body through a car windshield, and it will sling that magnet mounted pistol all over the damn place. If you are lucky the trigger won't catch on something and shoot you or a loved one.

The best answer is a kydex IWB holster, either strong side or appendix...not sure why folks always want to complicate things with As Seen on TV garbage that won't get the job done.

Capture+_2020-02-07-08-32-53-1.png
I swallowed one of these, just slap my problem solver on my belly, and roll.

I use the KISS principal, no magnet just plugged barrel hi point in plain view for the grab and go thugs,
cheap soft/polymer holster 2 screws into side of center console near floor, on drivers side
Gun is also cheap in case they find it, mine is SW, SD9, under $300 but shots great in a bind
Cover it with black cloth, or whatever matches the carpet/console to provide a little hiding it
Rifle in KT , SU16C, less than $400 in case of loss, stashed under folded down rear seats
So, if they take my vehicle, I lost $700 in "tools"

Former LE here so whether police would give you a hard time or not literally depends on the officer...some are laid back, some are way over the top and many are in between. However, legally in GA you can carry in your motor vehicle as long as you're not otherwise prohibited from possessing a firearm- and no holster is required. A great resource on Ga firearms laws is www.georgiacarry.org under FAQ

I went to a meeting at a local police dept. and someone asked about whether or not we should notify the officer if we have a concealed weapon in the car. It was in Alabama so it was not a requirement. The officer added that he didn't need to know it was there and people that want to disclose that they have a weapon aren't the problem anyway. He just warned against reaching for the gun if the officer didn't ask you to, which some people have done.:doh: I wish more had that attitude.

Everyone should give you a hard time about it because it is a terrible idea. Your pistol should be in your holster unless you are using my it...not on a dash magnet that will let it fly all over the car should you slam on the brakes or experience a MVC.

Return it or trash it, it's a great way to have a negligent discharge and/or lose your pistol when need it (think MVC turned road rage, etc).

Careful.

You'll get your posts removed and put on the naughty list for telling someone it's a poor decision.

Ask me how I know. :tape:

Careful.

You'll get your posts removed and put on the naughty list for telling someone it's a poor decision.

Ask me how I know. :tape:
Lol it won't be the first time...I just speak the truth to the best of my ability, if folks don't want to listen it's not on me.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but your car is not considered an extension of your home anymore. I thought one of the State bills changed that recently.
Or was it the other way around?
If only I could find a book where all if this is explained.
But magnets? Not sure that works for me.

Your vehicle has never been an extension of your home. It's an internet meme that keeps floating around.

You can carry a gun in your vehicle because the legislature says you can. At one time you could not carry a handgun in a vehicle except in very limited circumstances. No one went around saying "but I can carry anywhere in my vehicle because it's an extension of my home."

You won't find a book, because the concept does not exist outside the interwebs. There are several discussions on the point on ODT if you want more details.

Back
Top Bottom