• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Car carry question

Longboi1984

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
70   0
Reaction score
I just purchased a dash magnet set for one of my pistols and was curious if it should be holstered instead of in the open and stuck to the magnet. Would law enforcement give me a hard time a bout it if observed?

Always have the trigger guard covered. I am also not a proponent of open car carry myself, unless it's on-body AIWB that can be easily concealed if need be.

Former LE here so whether police would give you a hard time or not literally depends on the officer...some are laid back, some are way over the top and many are in between. However, legally in GA you can carry in your motor vehicle as long as you're not otherwise prohibited from possessing a firearm- and no holster is required. A great resource on Ga firearms laws is www.georgiacarry.org under FAQ

Former LE here so whether police would give you a hard time or not literally depends on the officer...some are laid back, some are way over the top and many are in between. However, legally in GA you can carry in your motor vehicle as long as you're not otherwise prohibited from possessing a firearm- and no holster is required. A great resource on Ga firearms laws is www.georgiacarry.org under FAQ

Thank you very much, I appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom