• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can we ban new accounts that ask "still available"?

I think Mods should enforce " I'll take it" posted in thread in almost all the other gun forums I'm in if you post "I'll take it" and don't follow through it's a Neg.. On here it's just Oh well . I understand trying to grow the site by adding new members but we need to update some of the archaic rules...

Had a few "I'll take it" posts voided by Sellers replying "Already gone". A Seller can be just as much of an A-hole as a buyer.

Posted a rifle. Got two inquiries from new members, neither with any feedback. Neither were close to me. A scam in the works, me thinks. But at least I can say I have been in contact with a Nigerian prince.

Had a few "I'll take it" posts voided by Sellers replying "Already gone". A Seller can be just as much of an A-hole as a buyer.
Look in the rules and guidelines here. "I'll take it" doesn't mean squat and unenforceable (with regard to negs or other) unless there is a clear PM track...

I think Mods should enforce " I'll take it" posted in thread in almost all the other gun forums I'm in if you post "I'll take it" and don't follow through it's a Neg.. On here it's just Oh well . I understand trying to grow the site by adding new members but we need to update some of the archaic rules...
Whoa feller! If'n we do that here like everywhere else, why the sailor wouldn't be able to take any more bids! That would defeat the entire ODT auction system! Those other sites require a seller to actually sell to the person who posts "I'll take it!"

We cannot have that here.

Back
Top Bottom